Client Press Releases
Cruise118 Celebrates The 'Oasis Effect' With Record Trading Day
14 December 2009
Cruise retailer Cruise118 is celebrating a record trading day, with sales up by more than 360 per cent - and is putting the success down to the 'Oasis Effect'.
The world's largest cruise ship Oasis of the Seas, which is three times bigger than the QE2, has been making waves in the media in recent weeks - and Cruise118 is putting its most recent boost in sales down to the super-ship.
James Cole, director of Cruise118, explained: "Despite the recession the cruising has been doing really well, and it's the fastest growing sector of the travel industry. But even though we've had a great year, we've still been blown away by this record day of sales. It's our best ever trading day, and we're definitely putting it down to the 'Oasis Effect'.
"Feedback from customers is that the recent media coverage of the Oasis of the Seas ship has really shown them the appeal of modern cruise holidays. There are many myths that surround cruising, and people often think that it's simply a holiday choice for retired couples, there's little to do on board, with regimented activities and terrible entertainment. That's simply not true, and cruise ships are becoming increasingly popular with young people and families alike.
"Cruises are a great way to see the world, and you can relax and enjoy your time on board, whilst also having the option of stopping off at some amazing places on route. There's so much to do on board a modern cruise ship too, so there's plenty to keep even the most difficult teens interested. Oasis of the Seas seems to have brought this home to people, and we are getting more enquiries than ever before."
The Oasis of the Seas, which sailed its maiden voyage earlier this month, has been dubbed a 'floating city', and includes 24 different places to eat, 21 pools, a mini-golf course, climbing wall, basketball court, fitness centre, jogging track and an 80ft zip wire.
James added: "2010 is set to be another exciting year for the cruise industry, with the launch of seven new ships and an investment of more than £3billion from cruise lines. Whilst certain sections of the travel industry are seeing the effects of the credit crunch, cruise remains buoyant as more consumers seek all-inclusive holiday options in order to manage their travel budget more effectively."
For more information on Cruise118 visit http://www.cruise118.com/ or call 0800 1234 118.
Notes to editors:
- Cruise118 is an independent cruise retailer offering a full range of cruise holidays
- The company has three niche brands http://www.sixstarcruises.co.uk/, http://www.alaskaonly.com/ and http://www.sailfromuk.com/
- Cruise118 is the exclusive provider of cruise holidays to travelsupermarket.com
- Cruise118's team of cruise concierges provide each customer with an individually tailored service. The company's independent status means customers receive the best deals and advice when choosing and booking their cruise
- Bookings are available via telephone, internet and email
- Cruise118 is committed to providing exceptional customer service as standard
- Cruise118 is ABTA bonded, offering customers complete peace of mind