Client Press Releases
A Father's Day Treat To Remember!
18 June 2009
Many of us struggle with what to get our dads for Father's Day, but a local opticians has come up with the perfect solution - and it won't cost a penny.
This Father's Day (Sunday 21st June) Specsavers in Whitby is inviting its customers to nominate their dads for a specs makeover. To enter, customers just need to drop a photo of their spectacle-clad dad into the store, and he with the specs deemed most in need of a fashion update, will win a brand new pair of designer frames worth up to £125.00.
Dikki Finn, store director at Specsavers in Whitby says: 'I'm sure everyone has been stumped at some point when it comes to ideas for Father's Day gifts. Most people would love to treat their dad to something beyond the usual run-of-the-mill gifts, but have trouble coming up with anything appealing.
'This year we've come up with the perfect solution for one lucky winner. Not only do they have a great Father's Day gift, but they save themselves ever again being embarrassed by their dad's shameful specs.'
If you're having trouble coming up with a Father's Day gift, or just want to relegate your dad's embarrassing specs to a dusty drawer, simply drop a photo of your dad in his specs into Whitby Specsavers at 9 New Quay Rad. The closing date for entries is Saturday 27th June 2009.
Specsavers notes to editors
- Specsavers was founded by Doug and Dame Mary Perkins in 1984 and is now the largest privately owned opticians in the world
- The couple still run the company, along with their three children. Their eldest son John is joint managing director
- Specsavers has more than 1,380 stores throughout the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Spain, Australia and New Zealand.
- Annual turnover for the Specsavers Group is forecast to reach a record £1.4 billion in 2009
- Specsavers optical stores and hearing centres are owned and run by joint venture or franchise partners.
- Specsavers employs more than 26,000 staff
- Specsavers was voted Britain's most trusted brand of opticians for the eighth year running by Reader's Digest in 2009
- Greater than one in three people who wear glasses in the UK buy them from Specsavers * - nine and a half million glasses were exported from the warehouse to stores in 2008
- Specsavers is the largest retail provider of home delivery contact lenses in Europe and one of the top two retail suppliers of continuous wear lenses in the world
- Specsavers is now the largest retail dispenser of digital hearing aids in the UK and offer a hearing service from more than 400 locations.
- Specsavers supports numerous optical and hearing charities, including Diabetes UK, for whom they have raised more than £250,000 to fund research into diabetic retinopathy
- Since 2003 more than a quarter of a million glasses have been collected and recycled by Specsavers stores for Vision Aid Overseas for use in developing countries
*GfK Home Audit (Dec 2008)