Centre Livingston To Celebrate Its Grand Opening With Carnival Fun
Monday, 13 October 2008
The eagerly anticipated Elements Square at The Centre, Livingston, will open its doors next week with a variety of spectacular events to celebrate the launch of Scotland’s newest retail and dining experience.
From the 16th October, Elements Square and Almondvale Shopping Centre will be known as The Centre, offering a dynamic and inviting environment where people can shop, eat, relax or meet – whatever the weather. The Centre will comprise five distinct areas, including a leafy dining area upstairs in the Wintergarden, the new Elements Square will boast a host of new stores such as M&S and Debenhams, and Almondvale Avenue will become home to restaurants including Wagamama.
Visitors can enjoy a variety of activities during the four day launch event (Thursday 16th – Sunday 19th October), with everything from professional advice on the latest make up and fashion trends to live music and acrobatic dance displays.
Elements Square will open at 9am on launch day (Thursday 16th October) with Chinese lion dancers who will perform a magnificent dotting of the eye* ceremony, which signifies the beginning of something new and spectacular. Various other artists will be joining in on the celebrations, including fire performers, ribbon dancers, stilt walkers and balloon modellers.
Alison Niven, Centre Director for Livingston, said: “We are extremely excited about the launch of The Centre and we are confident our shoppers will be delighted with the new fashion and dining outlets available. We want to mark this special occasion by providing an exciting carnival atmosphere for our shoppers with a variety of unique and impressive dancers and musicians.”
Visitors with a passion for fashion will have the opportunity to discuss fashion trends with professional make up artists and stylists from Catwalk Productions.
During the event, funds will be raised for The Centre’s chosen charity Marie Curie Cancer Care.
*Dotting of the eye is a good luck ceremony where the eyes of the lion are painted on bringing the lion to life.
Notes to editors:
- Livingston’s Almondvale Shopping Centre and The Elements – the new £130million extension to Almondvale – will be known by the new name ‘The Centre’ from 16 October 2008.
- The name change coincides with the opening date of the new shopping extension which has been eagerly anticipated.
The Centre will offer a dynamic and inviting environment where people can shop, eat, relax or meet – whatever the weather. Made up of various elements, it will comprise five distinct areas:
- Elements Square – the dramatic new 375,000 sq ft extension will house top retailers in an indoor shopping area with an outdoor feel
- The Wintergarden – located upstairs within Elements Square, the Wintergarden will have comfortable seating and catering outlets in a leafy garden environment providing an ideal break from the busy shopping areas.
- The Avenue – this road running between The Centre and Livingston Designer Outlet will be home to the town’s five new restaurants.
- Almondvale Walk – the most easterly section of The Centre runs from JJB and Aulds along to Asda Walmart featuring favourites including WH Smith, Bodycare and M&Co.
- Almondvale Place – the mall that stretches from Semi-Chem along to Carphone Warehouse, with top names including Boots, Argos and Chisholm Hunter.
Opening hours (October 16th - 5th November inclusive)
9am – 7pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
9am – 8pm Thursday
9am – 6pm Saturday
10am – 6pm Sunday
Retailers coming to Elements Square at The Centre includes: Debenhams, Marks & Spencer, Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Topshop, Tie Rack, River Island, H&M, Beaverbrooks, AB10, Principles, Warehouse, 3 Store, Barclays Diamonds, Swarovski, Ortak, Orange, Cotswold, Next, Waterstones, Jane Norman and Republic.
Catering offer includes: Wagamama, ASK, Chiquito, Tony Roma’s and Nando’s.