Wednesday, 13 April 2011
CELEBRATIONS were in full swing at a Brixham opticians on Saturday as staff laid on a tea party for customers to mark its third birthday.
Specsavers, located at 47 Fore Street, also used the occasion to announce further fundraising plans for the coming year.
Store director Steve Dorrans says: 'We decided to host the tea party by way of thanking our customers. Without their support over the past three years we wouldn't be here.
'We're dedicated to giving back to the local community and will be getting involved with more fundraising activities this year. For example we recently held a week of fundraising for the Torbay Lifeboats that resulted in a donation of £230, something we'll be doing again in July.'
To book an eye examination visit the store at 47 Fore Street, Brixham, Devon, TQ5 8AA or call the store on 01803 852 402. You can visit the store online at www.specsavers.co.uk/stores/Brixham.
- Ends -
Specsavers notes to editors
- Specsavers was founded by Doug and Dame Mary Perkins in 1984 and is now the largest privately owned opticians in the world
- The couple still run the company, along with their three children. Their son John is joint managing director
- Specsavers has more than 1,500 stores throughout the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Spain, Australia and New Zealand.
- Annual turnover for the Specsavers Group was £1.36 billion for 2009/10 and is forecast to reach £1.55 billion in 2010/11.
- Specsavers optical stores and hearing centres are owned and run by joint venture or franchise partners. Together, they offer both optical and hearing services under one roof.
- Specsavers employs more than 26,000 staff
- Specsavers was voted Britain's most trusted brand of opticians for the ninth year running by the Reader's Digest Trusted Brands survey 2010
- More than one in three people who wear glasses in the UK buy them from Specsavers * - 9,700,000 glasses were exported from the warehouse to stores in 2009
- Specsavers was ranked No 1 for both eye tests and glasses in the UK *
- Specsavers is the largest retail provider of home delivery contact lenses in Europe and one of the top two retail suppliers of continuous wear lenses in the world
- Specsavers is now the largest retail dispenser of digital hearing aids in the UK and offers a hearing service from more than 400 locations
- Specsavers supports numerous optical and hearing charities, including Guide Dogs and Hearing Dogs for Deaf People. During its three-year support for Diabetes UK it raised more than £250,000 to fund various projects
- Since 2003 more than a quarter of a million glasses have been collected and recycled by Specsavers stores for Vision Aid Overseas, for use in developing countries. Specsavers has raised over £370,000 for the charity since 2006, with almost £245,000 going towards its work in Zambia.