Meet Santa Snow
Tuesday, 23 November 2010
This Christmas SNO!zone will be the only place to offer young visitors the opportunity to meet Father Christmas on a real snow slope in a choice of locations across the UK.
He will be taking a break from his Christmas preparations by chilling out on the real snow slope in Milton Keynes, Castleford, near Leeds, and Braehead, near Glasgow every weekend in December and each day from the 20th to the 24th December.
Santa will be giving children the magical experience of visiting his hideaway on the snow-covered slopes to tell him their Christmas wishes and receive a special pre-Christmas treat. Each child will also have the chance to play in the fresh snow.
Sarah Porteus, marketing manager for SNO!zone, said: "We wanted to offer our young visitors a really special experience this Christmas so we have arranged for Father Christmas to visit our centres throughout December.
"Visiting him in the snow will be unique opportunity and every child will get a present as a reminder of their day."
Father Christmas will be at SNO!zone centres every weekend in December before Christmas as well as the 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th December from 11am til 6pm.
For those visiting SNO!zone Milton Keynes there is an extra special treat as they get to ride the Santa Express train through Xscape to go and meet Santa out on the slopes.
Visits to see Santa costs from £7 per child at SNO!zone Castleford and SNO!zone Scotland and £9 per child at SNO!zone Milton Keynes which includes the train*, which includes a present and playtime in the snow.
To book tickets, please call 0871 222 5673 or visit www.snozoneuk.com.
*Ticket prices are for children only; accompanying adults do not need to purchase a ticket.
- SNO!zone , the UK's only chain of indoor real snow slopes, is 10 this year
- SNO!zone took over the operation of the snow slope in Milton Keynes in 2000 and went on to design and build SNO!zone Castleford in 2003 and SNO!zone Scotland in 2006 to keep up with the growing popularity of snowsports in the UK
- In the last 10 years SNO!zone has taught more than a million people to ski or snowboard and seen more than two and a half million using its slopes to practice snowsports all year round. A further million have experienced the exhilaration of sledging and ice sliding at the three slopes
- Each 170m long main slope is covered with more than 1700 tonnes of fresh snow - equivalent to the weight of 10 blue whales or 30,000 wheelbarrows of snow
- SNO!zone has also featured in some of the UK's most popular TV programmes such as Big Brother, Cash in the Attic, Wife Swap and welcomed celebrities including Justin Timberlake, Peter Andre, Heston Blumenthal, Girls Aloud and Heather Mills
- SNO!zone also nurtures some of the best young snowsports talent in the UK sponsoring more than 60 athletes annually including Olympians Zoe Gillings and Sean Rose
- As well as the main slope, a dedicated lesson slope at each centre allows visitors to learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding with qualified instructors
- Activities on offer at every centre include skiing, snowboarding, sledging and ice sliding
- When not on the slope, visitors can enjoy some après ski at the Alpine themed SNO!bars