Dr Schr Looks To An Exciting Future Tesco Roi
Tuesday, 26 July 2011
Dr. Schär's leading gluten and wheat free brands have been given a boost this month as Tesco confirm a series of new listings and product extensions for DS-gluten free and Glutafin.
Consumers will now be able to enjoy more of Dr. Schär's market leading branded ranges after Tesco confirmed they will be introducing more of the range from Glutafin and DS-gluten free to stores across ROI.
Tesco ROI has now added the DS-gluten free Brown Multigrain, White Sliced Loaf and Crispbread to their free from offering and will be listing the products into 76 stores. In addition, they will also be listing a new product for ROI, Glutafin Mini Crackers.
Dr. Schär, which is the free from category captain for Tesco ROI, has confirmed that the retailer will also be making a number of Glutafin and DS-gluten free products more available in their stores across the country including the Glutafin Chocolate Digestives, Custard Creams, Shortbread Biscuits plus DS-gluten free Sweet Breakfast Rolls and Cornflakes.
Michelle Shinn, Retail Brand Manager for Dr. Schär, said: "Consumers still look for the reassurance of an established, heritage brand name such as DS-gluten free before trying something new and in a recent survey found that 70 per cent* of customers said they would go elsewhere if a retailer did not stock the DS-gluten free products they like and trust.
"The free from sector is a very lucrative market in ROI and retailers are increasingly seeing the value in providing more for its consumers. We are proud to be leading the way in the gluten and wheat free sector and we are definitely predicting that this is to be another exciting year for free from."
*DS-gluten free consumer survey (2011)
Notes to editors (ROI):
- Dr. Schär UK is the UK division of the European company Dr. Schär, market leader and pioneer in the gluten free food sector, drawing on the company's 30 year global heritage
- Dr. Schär aims to be the leading food specialist for particular dietary and nutritional needs in Europe and America
- The company was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- The company's DS-gluten free (Dietary Specials) brand is available in retail, whilst it's Glutafin brand is available in retail and via GMS or pharmacy. Since 1998 the Warrington based team has been working closely with the loyal DS-gluten free customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient and frozen
- Dr. Schär products cater for those with coeliac disease and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a gluten or wheat free diet for lifestyle reasons