English Language Guidance Support Sessions Offer Stevenson College Edinburgh
Thursday, 02 February 2012
Stevenson College Edinburgh has launched a series of guidance and support sessions to assist those sitting the UK Border Agency (UKBA) approved Trinity College London GESE Grade 2 A1 examination.
The college is an official Trinity College London, Open Centre for the exam suitable for spouses or partners of UK citizens. These tests are compulsory for those wanting to enter or extend their stay in the UK.
Alison Chambers, Associate Principal for the Faculty of Business, Administration and Languages at Stevenson College Edinburgh, said: “It is important that those sitting the 6 minute spoken examination are fully prepared for it. We offer guidance and support sessions in order to make sure that each applicant is ready for the exam, and knows what to expect.”
The GESE Grade 2 exam test applicants’ ability in listening and speaking English. This takes the format of a one-to-one oral examination with a native English speaking Trinity College London examiner.
The guidance and support sessions will take place fortnightly at the college, with the next session being held on the morning of February 9.
For more information on the exam and the pre-exam sessions please contact Elaine Smith by email on email@example.com or call 0131 535 4716, alternatively visit:
- Ends -
Issued by Beattie Communications on behalf of Stevenson College Edinburgh.
Notes to editors:
- You must now show that you can speak and understand English if you are a non-European migrant and you want to enter or extend your stay in the UK as the partner of a British citizen or a person settled here.
- This requirement was introduced in 2010. You must meet the requirement if:
You are a national of a country outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland; and
You are in a relationship with a British citizen or a person settled here; and
You want to apply to enter or remain in the UK as that person's husband, wife, civil partner, fiance(e), proposed civil partner, unmarried partner or same-sex partner.
- Please visit the UKBA website for complete visa information and English language requirements: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
- Visit Trinity College London to find out more about their English language qualifications: http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=263
- Tests and support and guidance sessions will take place on the following dates in 2012:
- Based in the west of Edinburgh, Stevenson College Edinburgh is one of the largest further education colleges in Scotland with around 16,000 students enrolling each year.
Stevenson College Edinburgh offers a range of courses from introductory courses and NQs (National Qualifications) through to HNDs (Higher National Diplomas), Degree Foundation and Degree qualifications in music and photography. Please amend as per previous releases.