Football Fans Head For High Seas
Friday, 07 May 2010
A cruise retailer has seen a rise in bookings over the last two weeks as Brits head for the cruise liners to enjoy the World Cup.
Following the announcement that three leading cruise lines are showing all World Cup matches onboard, bookings at Cruise118.com have peaked as football-mad men please their WAGs with a luxury cruise whilst revelling in the drama of the World Cup.
A recent survey by Cruise118.com found that 59 percent of men refuse to book holidays during the World Cup Season in fear of missing England games, resulting in last-minute holidays once England have been knocked out of the competition.
Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean cruises have obtained the rights to air all the games and are also preparing World Cup themed activities, food and beverages, giving men the best of both worlds this summer, with no compromise on ambiance for their loved ones.
Mal Barritt, director of Cruise118.com, said: "Many of our regular customers have been reluctant to book cruises, until hearing the news that cruise lines will be showing all the matches onboard.
"These cruises mean men can please their wives with a luxury cruise holiday whilst watching every world cup game from the high seas! What better way to enjoy the World Cup than while sailing around the Caribbean or the Mediterranean in the sun on a luxury cruise ship?"
Here's a selection of Cruise118.com's best World Cup deals:
- § 10th June 2010 - Cruise118.com is offering a 10-night Mediterranean cruise on board the Azamara Quest from just £2,389. Departing from Piraeus (Athens), the ship calls at Nauplion (Greece), Mykonos (Greece), Santorini (Greece), Rhodes (Greece) and Bodrum (Turkey) before disembarking in Istanbul (Turkey). Flights included.
- § 6th June 2010 - Cruise118.com is offering a seven-night Mediterranean cruise on board the Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas from just £869 Departing from Barcelona (Spain), the ship calls at Naples (Italy), Civitavecchia (Rome), Florence (Italy), Nice (France) and Provence (France) before returning to Barcelona (Spain). Flights included.
- § 13th June 2010 - Cruise118.com is offering a seven-night Mediterranean cruise on board the Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas from just £899. Departing from Civitavecchia (Rome), the ship calls at Messina (Sicily), Ephesus (Turkey), Piraeus (Athens) and Heraklion (Crete) before returning to Civitavecchia. Flights included.
- § 20th June 2010 - Cruise118.comis offering a seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on board the Celebrity Solstice from just £1,219. Departing from Fort Lauderdale (Florida), the ship calls at George Town (Grand Cayman), Cozumel, Puerto Costa Maya and Roatan (Honduras) before returning to Fort Lauderdale. Flights included.
For more information visit www.cruise118.com or call 0800 280 2614.
Notes to editors:
About Cruise 118
- Cruise118 is an independent cruise retailer offering the full range of cruise holidays
- The company has three niche brands www.sixstarcruises.co.uk, www.alaskaonly.com and www.sailfromuk.com
- Cruise118 is the exclusive provider of cruise holidays to travelsupermarket.com
- Cruise118's team of cruise concierges provide each customer with an individually tailored service. The company's independent status means customers receive the best deals and advice when choosing and booking their cruise
- Bookings available via telephone, internet and email
- Cruise118 is committed to providing exceptional customer service as standard
- Cruise118 is ABTA bonded, offering customers complete peace of mind