Fun Day to Celebrate First Phase of Regeneration
Monday, 23 July 2012
RESIDENTS of Rectory Park in Northolt are invited to join in the festivities to celebrate the start of the first phase of regeneration on the estate.
On Saturday, July 28th, the event, which has been organised by Network Housing Group, will be Rectory Park's second annual Fun Day, complete with attractions including music by local acts, face painting, karaoke, balloon modelling, Zumba dancing, and a mini Olympic Games tournament among others. There will also be employment and training opportunities for residents, along with food and drink stalls.
Organisers are expecting up to 200 residents on the day who will enjoy everything the event has to offer.
Network Housing Group recently secured planning permission to develop 425 homes and create a neighbourhood to reinforce the strong community that already exists in the area. Network Stadium, part of the Network Housing Group (NHG) will own and manage the estate.
The event will take place from noon until 5pm, with the official opening of the site office at1.30pm. NHG chief executive Helen Evans will formally open the site office with Ealing Mayor Mohammad Aslam and Stephen Pound MP.
NHG, with its development partner Hill Partnerships, will now embark on building phases one and two of the new scheme, which will deliver 160 new homes to make the residents' vision a reality.
Resident Liaison Manager, Pamela Da Costa, who is part of the team organising the event said: "Fun Days for our other schemes have always been well received and it's a great opportunity for residents to get together. We're expecting this event to be a great success, there's a lot of great entertainment lined up."
Residents can register for the event on the day at the entrance on the corner of Greenhill Gardens and Towney Mead, Rectory Park.
The event will be attended by several local councillors and NHG board members.
NOTES TO EDITOR:
- Network Housing Group comprises six registered providers. The non asset-holding parent in the Group, Network Housing Group Limited, provides strategic leadership and co-ordination, development and corporate services to its six key subsidiary associations: Community Trust Housing, Mitali Housing Association, London Strategic Housing, Network Stadium Housing Association, Riversmead Housing Association, Willow Housing and Care. In addition, Solon Community Network provides independent resident consultancy for the Group. Altogether the Group owns and manages 17,000 homes, mostly inLondonand Hertfordshire.
- Network Stadium is a community based housing association and currently owns approximately 9,000 properties in and aroundLondon. It is the founder and largest member of the Network Housing Group. Network Stadium builds and contributes to the development of mixed tenure and mixed use communities, and develops and manages commercial properties and some homes for general sale.
- RectoryParkwill include 425 homes in total: 170 for social rent, 190 for outright sale and 65 for shared equity. Phases one and two are due to complete in 2015 and will include 160 homes: 54 for social rent, 96 for outright sale and 10 shared equity homes for existing leaseholders.
- Network Housing Group and its development partner Hill Partnerships were awarded the contract by Ealing Council to regenerate the estate and provide new homes and facilities. Planning permission was formally awarded on 11 July 2012.
- RectoryParkwas listed at number 9 in 24housing's list of the top 50 housing projects in July 2012. Network Housing Group also appeared at number 10 in Inside Housing's list of the top 50 developing housing associations for completed developments in June 2012.