Gluten Free Sheffield Event Turns Heat Up Kitchen
Wednesday, 28 September 2011
A leading gluten and wheat free expert is hosting a free gluten free event in Sheffield this month to help those with serious dietary problems.
The 'Gluten Free World Day', which is organised by Glutafin along with its sister brands, DS-gluten free and TRUfree, will come to Sheffield on Saturday 22 October to offer practical health and cooking advice for people with coeliac disease, food allergies and intolerances.
For the first time, the event at the Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel and Spa will give visitors the chance to speak to dietitians on a one-to-one basis for expert advice on how to cope with their dietary problems.
The event will be split into two sessions during the day with a tasting session of new products and a cooking demonstration from the award-winning gluten and wheat free chef, Michael McCamley. Visitors will be taught how to create delicious free from dishes at home.
Rachel Jones, Healthcare Assistant Brand Manager for Glutafin, said: "It can be very difficult for people following a gluten and wheat free diet to keep up to date with new products and product improvements which are suitable for their diet and condition.
"This event will give people the opportunity to sample foods that are available on prescription from the Glutafin brand, along with the foods that are available in the supermarket from DS-gluten free and TRUfree.
"These events really help consumers find out more about how to experiment at meal times, and are packed with useful tips and ideas from our team of experts.
"We really enjoy speaking with people to hear what they think about our products. We also like to reward them, so anyone who has coeliac disease and comes along to the event will receive a free gluten free goody bag, exclusive money off vouchers and free recipe guides."
Children are welcome to attend the event, and a specially created Kids Corner with arts and crafts is guaranteed to keep them amused. Plus, the little ones will also have the chance to sample the different foods on offer, and to decorate their own products.
For further information or to book a spot at either the morning (10am - 12.30pm) or afternoon (2.00pm - 4.30pm) session at the Gluten Free World Day event please call 0800 988 2470 or email email@example.com by 14 October 2011.
- Dr. Schär UK is the UK division of the European company Dr. Schär, market leader and pioneer in the gluten free food sector, drawing on the company's 30 year global heritage
- Dr. Schär aims to be the leading food specialist for particular dietary and nutritional needs in Europe and America
- The company was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Its Dietary Specials (DS-gluten free) range is brand leader in the retail sector and its Glutafin brand is a leading brand in the healthcare channel
- The company is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of the TRUfree brand in retail.
- Since 1998 the Warrington based team has been working closely with the loyal DS-gluten free customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, frozen and chilled foods
- Dr. Schär products cater for those with coeliac disease and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a gluten or wheat free diet for lifestyle reasons