Leading recruitment company bolsters Scottish team with new divisional manager
Monday, 07 March 2016
Leading recruitment company Search Consultancy has announced a major appointment to its White Collar Recruitment team.
Experienced recruitment professional Scott Mitchell has been appointed as divisional manager, based in the company’s Glasgow headquarters.
Scott will head up a team of specialist consultants operating within the Construction, House Building, Civil Engineering, Facilities and Real Estate Management sectors.
Focusing on white collar roles in the construction industry, Scott will manage permanent and freelance recruitment at all levels and work with consultants based across Search’s six Scottish offices.
He brings a wealth of experience with him to the company, having previously worked at Hays, Lloyds TSB and Randstadt.
Scott also previously worked at Search as a recruitment consultant between 2010 and 2012.
He said: “Search is a fantastic company to work for and a real success story in the recruitment industry.
“I am looking forward to working with a highly motivated team, dedicated to recruiting all over Scotland for high profile clients. Building upon an already strong business unit to tackle lots of big projects is a very exciting prospect.
“I hope to bring my experience to bear in driving forward Search’s already strong presence in the construction sector.”
Simone Lockhart, Search Consultancy’s managing director for Scotland, added: “Scott is an experienced and highly motivated recruitment professional who will complement our hard working and dedicated team.
“I am certain that he will prove to be a wonderful asset for Search and help to bolster our already strong construction division.”
About Search Consultancy
- Search Consultancy was established in Glasgow in 1987.
- Search now employs nearly 600 permanent staff in 13 offices across the UK: Aberdeen, Brighton, Crawley, Dundee, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield.
- Search provides specialist recruitment services across a diverse range of sectors including Accountancy & Finance, Automotive, Aviation, Call & Contact Centre, Construction, Doctors, Driving, Energy, Engineering, Facilities Management, Financial Services, Healthcare, Hospitality & Catering, HR & Development, Industrial, Insurance, IT & Change, Legal, Marketing, Medical, Nursing, Office Services, Oil & Gas, Rail, Sales, Scientific, Supply Chain, Social Care.
- Search placed over 8,000 permanent candidates in 2014.
- Search, on average has in excess of 6,000 temporary workers on assignments each week.
- Search was placed 51st in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2015.
- Search was the first UK recruitment agency to achieve Investors in People Gold status.
- Search Consultancy was proud to be the Official Recruitment Consultancy of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games
- In Recruitment International’s Top 500 Recruitment Companies report Search was rated:
- second-largest in Scotland
- 6th best performing agency for permanent roles filled
- within top 10 for commercial secretarial recruitment (placing 10th)
- within top 20 for technical (placing 12th) and construction (placing 18th)
- within top 20 best agencies to work for (placing 14th)