Local Business Scoops Two Prestigious Awards
Monday, 12 July 2010
A Warrington business is celebrating after scooping two prestigious business awards.
Thelwall-based Nutrition Point, a leading supplier of gluten and wheat free foods, picked up both the 'Deal of the Year' and the coveted 'Business of the Year' accolades at the Warrington Business Awards.
Judges honoured the company with the 'Deal of the Year' award after being impressed by the way the business has been working with major supermarkets to fulfil a real need for their customers by supplying their innovative Dietary Specials and TRUfree gluten and wheat free products.
The top prize of the evening, 'Business of the Year', was also awarded to Nutrition Point who, according to judges, have not lost sight of the needs of their customers, despite the successful pursuit of major contracts.
Now in their 11th year, the Warrington Business Awards celebrate the achievements and enterprises of businesses from across the borough and their contribution to the local economy.
Bob Trice, Managing Director of Nutrition Point, said: "We're thrilled that our company has been honoured in this way. Our customers are the reason we exist as a business and we are really pleased that the judges have recognised our commitment to bringing them the best possible quality and choice of products.
"The awards are real testament to the hard work of the whole team. Nutrition Point has grown significantly in recent years and with our two retail brands, TRUfree and Dietary Specials we have become the market leader in the free from food sector, with category captaincy in Asda.
"We couldn't achieve so much if it wasn't for the amazing team we have at Nutrition Point, and we're looking forward to another great year."
Nutrition Point was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son, who both suffer from wheat intolerance.
The business was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making these foods as convenient and tasty as mainstream alternatives.
Notes to editors:
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (ds) is brand leader in the sector
- Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal ds customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
- ds products cater for those with Coeliac Disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
- In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland