New Gluten Free Crackers Hit Shelves
Monday, 26 September 2011
The UK's leading gluten free brand, DS-gluten free, has grown! New free from crackers hit the shelves of Tesco supermarkets on 12 September with an RRP of £1.99.
"The new crackers share the shelves with other DS-gluten free products, including other savoury snacks like crispbreads and breadsticks" explains Retail Brand Manager, Michelle Shinn.
"There are two varieties for customers to choose from; either herb and onion or high fibre. DS-gluten free is committed to providing people on gluten free diets with a tasty and exciting range of foods that they can eat safely and these new crackers are yet another new product for DS-gluten free."
DS-gluten free offers foods which allow people with coeliac disease - an autoimmune condition which is triggered by gluten found in wheat, rye and barley and which is estimated to affect around one in every 100 people in the UK - to enjoy breads, pasta, biscuits, pastry and other traditionally wheat-based foods. Many of its products are stocked in major supermarkets and health stores.
Notes to editors:
- Dr. Schär UK is the UK division of the European company Dr. Schär, market leader and pioneer in the gluten free food sector, drawing on the company's 30 year global heritage
- Dr. Schär aims to be the leading food specialist for particular dietary and nutritional needs in Europe and America
- The company was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Its Dietary Specials (DS-gluten free) range is brand leader in the retail sector and its Glutafin brand is a leading brand in the healthcare channel.
- The company is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of the TRUfree brand in retail.
- Since 1998 the Warrington based team has been working closely with the loyal DS-gluten free customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, frozen and chilled foods
- Dr. Schär products cater for those with coeliac disease and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a gluten or wheat free diet for lifestyle reasons