New Gluten Free Foodservice Range Takes Headache Out Free-From Catering
Monday, 24 January 2011
Leading gluten and wheat free company Nutrition Point is launching a brand new foodservice range under their market leading DS-gluten free brand - designed to help hoteliers, caterers, restaurateurs and café owners cater for people with special dietary requirements more easily.
The new range, which will be launched at the Hospitality Show in London on 24 January, will comprise a selection of current bestselling DS-gluten free products which can easily be integrated into everyday menus along with some new products developed specifically for the foodservice market.
Recent research carried out by Nutrition Point shows that more than 40 per cent of people with coeliac disease, or others who are unable to eat gluten and wheat because of food allergy or intolerance, find it difficult to eat out because of the lack of choice available to them.
Michelle Shinn, Retail Brand Manager for Nutrition Point, explained: "According to Coeliac UK, an estimated one in 100 people in the UK are thought to have coeliac disease, a condition which means they are unable to eat gluten. It's obvious that there's real potential for the hospitality industry to tap into this relatively unknown market, but many people in the sector don't know where to start.
"Simple changes to menus, such as switching mainstream pasta for our gluten free version, mean a hassle free yet potentially lucrative solution to this problem. As well as offering the right products to ensure safe ingredients for coeliacs, our foodservice team and experienced home economist will also be able to offer customers advice on preparing ingredients and tips on creating gluten free recipes.
"There's a real opportunity to grow a brand new revenue stream by catering for the gluten free market - whether that's by developing a completely new restaurant menu, making changes to current dishes, or simple additions to the hospitality tray of a hotel such as gluten free biscuits. A few simple changes can make a real difference."
The new range will include current DS-gluten free products such as Lasagne Sheets, Spaghetti, Penne, Margherita Pizza, Sausage Rolls, Shortcrust Pastry, Pepperoni Pizza, Garlic Bread, Lunch Rolls, White Ciabatta Rolls, White Sliced Loaf, Brown Ciabatta Rolls, Brown Multigrain Loaf and Pizza Bases.
It will also feature new products such as DS-gluten free Muesli, Multipurpose Mix, Crackers, Rich Tea Biscuits, Shortbread Biscuits, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Custard Creams.
For more information on the Nutrition Point gluten free Foodservice Range please contact the sales team on 01925 865100.
Notes to editors:
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (DS-gluten free) is brand leader in the sector
- Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal DS-gluten free customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
- DS-gluten free and TRUfree products cater for those with coeliac disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
- In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and TRUfree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland