New Industry-Focussed Accounting Degree Course Launches
Thursday, 28 June 2012
A new industry-focussed degree course in accounting has been launched in a partnership between the University Of Ulster and QA Business School.
Accredited by the University of Ulster, the three year full-time course will be available at QA Business School's city centre campuses in London and Birmingham from September 2012 and aims to provide a cost-effective, career-focussed study alternative, with fees starting at just £6000 per annum.
QA Business School, a subsidiary of training company QA - which counts blue chip organisations such as HSBC, Microsoft and BT as clients - formed a partnership with The University of Ulster in 2011 to bring together QA's extensive industry experience and the university's world-leading academics to create commercially-focussed, competitively-priced degree-level business education courses.
Like many standard accountancy degrees, the new course offers a secure grounding in theory and practice, but also focusses on modern commercial realities to give students a practical and industry-focussed start to their career.
The course will cover subjects including:
- The concepts and theories of accounting within a broad economic, legal, social and professional environment.
- The basic principles of auditing, investment, finance, taxation and their implications for individuals, organisations, markets, societies and other disciplines.
- Alternative recognition rules and valuation bases.
- The recording, preparation, presentation and analysis of financial information.
- Business and financial information technology and systems and Professional ethics.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of accounting date
William Macpherson, from QA Business School said: "For too long degree courses have been designed without sufficient influence from the real world.
"We have brought together world class academics and extensive business and industry experience to develop an impressive new degree-level accountancy course.
"We believe that higher education should give people knowledge and skills that are relevant to industry and in demand, and it seems that students agree with us as places on the course at both of our campuses are filling fast.
"We look forward to welcoming students onto the new course when it begins in September."
The entry requirements for the course are: GCSE passes at grade B in mathematics and at grade C or above in English language, A level passes in three subjects (equivalent of 240 UCAS tariff points), or other equivalent educational qualifications (to be approved).
QA is one of the UK's most successful training providers working across numerous industries with blue chip organisations like HSBC, Microsoft, BT, and Fujitsu.
For more information, visit http://www.qabs.ulster.ac.uk/
Notes to Editors:
- QA Business School is a branch campus of the University of Ulster, offering accredited degree programmes across IT, Accountancy and Business Studies in locations in London and Birmingham
- Tuition fees start from £6,000, offering a more affordable option for those looking to attend university. Fees are highly competitive because there are no additional running costs incurred to maintain vast buildings, grounds or leisure facilities.
- For more than 20 years, QA has been the partner of choice for those looking to forge a successful career in the worlds of Business and IT. Each year QA provide training and education to more than 100,000 individuals, in addition to providing specialist staff training for some of the UK's most high profile businesses and organisations, and it is this knowledge and expertise which has led to QA Business School being established.
- QA Business School locations are:
- St James' House, 10 Rosebery Avenue, Holborn, London, EC1R 4TF
- 5th Floor, Centre City, 5-7 Hill Street, 5-7 Hill Street, Birmingham, B5 4UA