Pandora - Jewel Bridges Crown
Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Pandora, the UK's leading silver jewellery brand, has opened its doors in the Bridges this month creating 10 new jobs in Sunderland.
The 1,984 sq ft new store is located on the Bridges Crowtree Mall and a five-year lease has been agreed with the Land Securities owned centre.
Jonathan Buckle, Bridges portfolio manager, comments: "The arrival of Pandora is an exciting development for the Bridges as we're welcoming one of the most sought after jeweller's to our retail portfolio.
"Pandora has fast become the leading silver jewellery brand since its introduction to the UK market in 2005 and is now sold in more than 400 independents across the UK. Introducing Pandora to the centre demonstrates that we offer the right demographic and retail mix to attract leading high end consumer brands.
"It also signals further job creation which will bring a boost to the local economy as well as a stronger retail offering for our shoppers."
Rachel Mather, manager of the new Pandora store adds: "The Bridges is the perfect location for our new retail venture as it contains a strong mix of leading retail brands such as Schuh, Top Shop, New Look and USC which drives footfall of our core target market."
Notes to Editors
- The Bridges is owned and operated by Land Securities. More information on Land Securities can be found on http://www.landsecurities.com/
- The Bridges provides 515,000 sq ft (47,845 sq m) of retail space in the heart of Sunderland
- Over 100 retailers including Debenhams, Tesco, Boots, Next, HMV, H&M, River Island, Monsoon and New Look
- It attracts more than20 million visitors each year, with a combined catchment of 663,000 people
- The Bridges has excellent public transport links and 940 parking spaces attached to the centre
Land Securities Group PLC
- Land Securities is the UK's leading Real Estate Investment Trust with a national portfolio of commercial property. Our investment portfolio also has more than 50 retail parks and shopping centres including Bristol's Cabot Circus and Exeter's quadruple award-winning Princesshay site.
- Land Securities' multi billion pound development programme is transforming regional city centres including Cardiff and Leeds, key Central London sites and delivering long-term, large-scale regeneration projects in the South East.
- Half of the Land Securities' portfolio is in London, where it owns landmark buildings such as the Piccadilly Lights and Westminster City Hall, and is developing some of the capital's most innovative mixed-use schemes, such as One New Change in Mid-town and Park House on Oxford Street.