Public Get Pampered Premier Inn Edinburgh
Thursday, 18 June 2009
Premier Inn Edinburgh Central is hosting a fantastic pamper session on Wednesday, June 24, to raise money for the Sick Kids Friends Foundation.
PA's, secretaries and the general public are invited to take some time out of their hectic schedule and pop into Premier Inn at Lauriston Place to sample the rejuvenating activities on offer, which includes a session from leading life coach, Dawn Breslin. Dawn recently appeared on GMTV with advice on how best to transform your life and is currently writing her third book. Dawn is available to give advice on a range of empowering self development tools which will enhance personal and professional development, and increase self-esteem and confidence.
Other attractions include tasting samples from leading local delicatessen Valvona and Crolla, hair styling tips from Medusa hair salon, summer style tips from leading style guru Judith Campbell at Feel Brand New, and treatments from local beautician, Pure Spa. There is also a chance for all those who attend to browse the fantastic Premier Inn facilities.
The lucky ladies who visit Premier Inn will also be able to take home a pampering goody bag and can sample a selection of delicious summer themed drinks and canapés from the new Premier Inn menu. There will be a tombola with tantalizing prizes up for grabs, including a voucher for two people to attend a Coco of Bruntsfield 'chocolate connoisseur evening', a weekend break at a Premier Inn in the UK, and the chance to win a pair of fashionable Ray-ban sunglasses. There will be collection boxes available in the hotel and all proceeds will go directly to the Sick Kids Friends Foundation.
The Sick Kids Friends Foundation was established to support the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh. The foundation provides extra comforts, child and family-friendly facilities, state of the art medical equipment, support for sick children in the community and highly specialised research and training for staff and parents.
Marion Oliver, general manager Premier Inn, said: "We are very excited about hosting this event and to be given the opportunity to raise money for such a worthwhile cause. A wonderful range of activities is on offer to the ladies who attend and we expect a great turn out. I would like to invite ladies from local businesses to take full advantage of this special event and treat yourselves during lunch break."
Lucy Rothwell, Corporate and Event Fundraiser at the Sick Kids Friends Foundation added: "I would like to thank all those who are offering their services on the day and Premier Inn for allowing the Foundation to benefit from this event. This promises to be a relaxing afternoon and I would encourage everyone to take time out of their busy day to visit Premier Inn Edinburgh Central during their lunch hour. By coming along and getting pampered you will ensure that we can continue to provide extra comforts for the children and families at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children. "
Notes to Editor
Facts and figures
- The Sick Kids Friends Foundation was formed in late 1992 has raised well over £12 million and helped over 1.5 million children
- The Royal Hospital for Sick Children (RHSC) sees 100,000 patients a year, or 274 children a day
- More than 20% of our patients are from outside Lothian
- Our paediatric intensive care retrieval service takes seriously-ill patients from hospitals all over Scotland to our paediatric intensive care unit
- The RHSC serves an area from the Scottish Borders to the north of Scotland.
- Over the next few months refurbishment will be carried out in the Oncology Ward, Ward 3 and at St John's Outpatients Department, The Sick Kids Friends Foundation will also contribute towards the procurement of state of the art surgical equipment to ensure that the highest standards of care are available for the children treated at The Royal Hospital for Sick Children.