Renewables Firm Welcomes New Financial Director To Oversee Expansion
Thursday, 26 January 2012
One of Scotland's fastest-growing solar and renewable energy companies, Absolute Solar and Wind, has today appointed Mark Aylward to the position of Financial Director.
Mark joins Absolute with 30 years financial experience under his belt and was previously Finance and Commercial director of Morrison Facility Services, one of the UK's leading facilities service providers.
Based at Absolute's Glasgow headquarters, Mark will work closely with the senior management team to push Absolute forward as it rolls out its ambitious expansion plans in 2012.
Absolute was founded in 2007 and offers a range of renewable energy solutions, from solar to wind and thermal. Last year the company turnover was £2.4million, however the board expect to raise that figure to £7.5 million within the next 12 months.
Mark, who lives in Dunbartonshire, said: "Absolute is an extremely dynamic and forward thinking organisation, with a promising future, and this is what attracted me to the role.
"In previous roles I have worked closely with renewable energy companies, so the move seemed a natural progression. Renewables is a fast-growing industry and Absolute is really going places within this sector."
Mark, who is a member of the Dunbartonshire Chamber of Commerce and a mentor for the Prince's Scottish Youth Business Trust, has also held financial roles at Berkeley Homes, Wilson Connolly Logistics, Marlow & Company, Cromwell Hospital in Kensington and accountancy firms Sinclair Croydon and Wilkins Kennedy.
Tony Kent, chairman of Absolute, welcomed Mark to the company. He said: "We are delighted to have Mark on board. This is a new post at Absolute and was created due to the rapid expansion of the business over the last year.
"We were very impressed with Mark's track record in finance roles, and I am sure he will bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the role of finance director."
For more information on Absolute Solar and Wind please visit - http://www.absolutesolarandwind.co.uk/
Issued by Beattie Communications on behalf of Absolute Solar and Wind
Notes to editors:
- Absolute Solar and Wind was established in Scotland in 2007 and is the country's number one company for solar and renewable energy solutions.
- Absolute is a member of the Renewable Energy Association (REA) and is one of the best installers of Solar Photovoltaic, Solar thermal and Micro Wind Energy Turbines in the UK.
- Absolute offers a complete service: design, sales and installation - throughout the UK
- As an approved installer under the Government MCS accredited scheme, Absolute Solar and Wind is dedicated to photovoltaic renewable energy and is now at the forefront of the UK's rising green energy technology sector.
- In April 2010 the UK Government pledged to have 7 million homes using solar power by 2020.