Schuh Steps Into Bridges
Friday, 27 November 2009
Leading fashion footwear retailer, Schuh, has opened its doors in the Bridges this month creating 30 new jobs in Sunderland.
The 2,500 sq ft new store is located on the Bridges Crowtree Mall on a 10-year lease within the Land Securities owned centre and has opened its ahead of the busy Christmas shopping period.
The store will stock over 90 brands including top brands Ugg, Converse, Red or Dead, Adidas, Nike and Puma, as well as Schuh's own range of footwear.
Tom Lynch, operations director for Schuh, comments: "The Bridges offers an ideal shopping environment for the Schuh range, attracting our core target market. We are pleased to be bringing a new footwear offer and 30 new jobs to the heart of the shopping district in Sunderland."
Jonathan Buckle, Bridges portfolio manager adds: "Welcoming Schuh as a new retailer to the Bridges in time for the Christmas trading period is a positive move and one which enables us to significantly extend our footwear offer, as well as bringing a boost to the local economy.
"Schuh is renowned for stocking the most up-to-the minute footwear trends at affordable prices and we are looking forward to giving our customers this breadth of range and choice."
This new addition to the Bridges comes hot on the heels of Toymaster opening in the centre, bringing an extensive toy and children's gift offer to shoppers in the region.
Notes to Editors
- The Bridges is owned and operated by Land Securities. More information on Land Securities can be found on www.landsecurities.com
- The Bridges provides 515,000 sq ft (47,845 sq m) of retail space in the heart of Sunderland
- It offers over 100 shop units, including top name retailers such as Debenhams, Next, H&M Hennes and River Island
- It attracts approximately 23 million visitors each year, with a combined catchment of 663,000 people
- The Bridges has excellent public transport links and 961 parking spaces attached to the centre
Land Securities Group PLC
- Land Securities is the UK's leading Real Estate Investment Trust with a national portfolio of commercial property. Our investment portfolio also has more than 50 retail parks and shopping centres including Bristol's Cabot Circus and Exeter's quadruple award-winning Princesshay site.
- Land Securities' multi billion pound development programme is transforming regional city centres including Cardiff and Leeds, key Central London sites and delivering long-term, large-scale regeneration projects in the South East.
- Half of the Land Securities' portfolio is in London, where it owns landmark buildings such as the Piccadilly Lights and Westminster City Hall, and is developing some of the capital's most innovative mixed-use schemes, such as One New Change in Mid-town and Park House on Oxford Street.