Scottish Sea Farms Scoops 8Th Industry Award
Friday, 03 October 2008
Scottish Sea Farms Ltd (SSF), one of Scotland’s leading fish farming businesses is celebrating after winning its 8th industry award for excellence.
The latest to be won is The Healthier Food and Drink Award at last week’s Highland and Islands Food and Drinks Awards in Inverness. The Award, judged by a panel of industry experts with representatives across the sector, recognises businesses that have demonstrated a strong commitment to developing, incorporating and promoting good nutrition and healthy eating qualities into its product or services.
This was in recognition of its of Lochmuir™ salmon, which is specially farmed for Marks & Spencer to give consumers a high protein, low fat choice with the added benefits of high levels of Omega-3.
Jim Gallagher, managing director, Scottish Sea Farms Ltd, said: "We are delighted to have won another award in recognition of our high quality Lochmuir salmon. We are committed to promoting not only the health benefits of our product but also the benefits of leading a healthier lifestyle in general.”
Previous awards include:
- Best Marine Farm - Kishorn a Lochmuir Salmon farm - Crown Estate Awards 2008
- Aquaculture Ambassador of the year - John Rea - SSF Production Director and a key figure in the development of Lochmuir - Crown Estate Awards 2008
- Aquaculture Retailer of the year Award - M&S - Crown Estate Awards 2008
- Healthy Eating - New Product Category - Lochmuir Salmon short listed in the Scotland Food and Drinks Awards 2007
- Salmon Farming Company of the Year - Scottish Sea Farms - Crown Estate Awards 2007
- Fit for the Future - Innovation Award - Scottish Sea Farms - Aquaculture Today 2007
- Salmon Farming company of the Year - Winners Scottish Sea Farms - Crown Estate Awards 2006
Issued by Beattie Communications on behalf of Scottish Sea Farms
Notes to editors:
Scottish Sea Farms is owned by two leading performers in the European seafood industry, Leroy and SalMar, based in Norway.