Thorntonhall Westbrook is a Winner for CALA Homes West
Tuesday, 27 September 2016
A housetype which made its national debut in Thorntonhall has been recognised as the Best Luxury Home (more than 50 units) at the prestigious Herald Property Awards.
The five bedroom Westbrook housetype, located at CALA Homes’ exclusive development at The Oval in Thorntonhall, stole the show at the prestigious awards ceremony thanks its exquisite design and potential as a family home with grand designs.
The Westbrook is the biggest and highest specification housetype the UK’s most upmarket major homebuilder has built in the West of Scotland, spanning 4,824 sq.ft, with few new-build homes of this size and scale on offer across the country.
Liana Canavan, sales and marketing director said: “An accolade such as this confirms our commitment to delivering five star homes and constantly evolving our product to meet the needs of our purchasers, so it is a great achievement for CALA Homes (West).
“The Westbrook is a showstopper with every detail of its design carefully considered. This, along with its striking kerb appeal, which is unrivalled in the region and great location on the rural outskirts of East Kilbride, has gone towards securing the top spot within this category.”
“The Westbrook shows best in class and offers something unique not just to the West of Scotland but to the Scottish and UK marketplace. It has been a resounding success for CALA Homes (West), so much so, it has now sold out at The Oval in Thorntonhall.”
The recognition didn’t stop there as the judges delivered a commendation in the Best Showhome category – again for the Westbrook at Thorntonhall.
Thorntonhall enjoys tranquil tree-lined roads and picturesque rural views of South Lanarkshire. Situated on the outskirts of East Kilbride and just 11 miles south of Glasgow, with regular trains into the city centre, it combines country charm with every convenience on its highly exclusive doorstep.
The pretty conservation villages of Carmunnock and Eaglesham or nearby Clarkston offer a whole host of amenities, independent shops, pubs and restaurants, with a warm and welcoming community feel.
There are still a number of five bedroom homes available at The Lawns, Thorntonhall, with prices starting from £585,000. For more information on Thorntonhall, customers can visit www.cala.co.uk or call 0141 644 5869.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2015, CALA announced record profits of £50.9m (2014: £26.8m) and an improved house sales gross margin of 23.4% (2014: 22.8%).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2015, was £509,000 (2014: £423,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2015, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 14,236 plots (2014: 12,690) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.2bn, up 11% versus 2014 (£4.7bn).
- In 2015, CALA Homes was named ‘Large Business of the Year’ at the Scottish Business Awards and was also awarded bronze for the UK’s ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards. In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk