Tourism Website Offers Free Advertising For Free Uk Attractions
Friday, 28 January 2011
A leading tourism website is offering free publicity for UK attractions which are free to the public, as bookings and enquiries begin for 2011 school holidays.
iknow-uk, the UK's leading accommodation and tourism directory, is offering no-obligation free adverts to owners of free UK attraction businesses to help boost UK tourism and to encourage family days out. iknow-uk will offer interested businesses a complete advert on one of its 18 regional websites, which they can update and amend as they wish.
iknow-uk's free adverts will allow attraction owners to showcase their businesses by including an overview of the attraction, full contact details, photos, and the option to update any promotions or events they may have for key times of the year.
iknow-uk's 18 regional websites cover Britain's most popular tourist regions and are visited by more than a million users each month. Last year the company also rolled out hospitality sections on all of its regional sites in order to become the must-visit website for anyone looking for information to plan a holiday or day out in the UK.
Marcus Simmons, managing director of iknow-uk, comments: "The UK is the perfect place to find things to do on a budget - even if your budget is zero!
"Brits know how to sniff out a bargain and as a consequence more and more of our customers are offering great deals or free admission to draw people to their business during the school holidays.
Marcus added: "We are so confident in the effect our sites have when it comes to driving business to our customers, that we encourage UK attractions to take us up on our free advert offer. We are confident that they'll receive real interest from our website visitors as a result - they've got nothing to lose!"
Earlier this month, iknow-uk launched new-look regional sites in response to consumer feedback. The new sites offer a new and improved easy-to-navigate design, a simplified online booking system, simplified hospitality sections and detailed, easier to view contact details for all accommodation and hospitality providers.
UK attractions looking to take advantage of the free advert offer, should contact iknow-uk on 0844 372 9090 or email email@example.com .
Notes to Editors
- iknow-uk specialises in helping people plan and book the perfect UK holiday, by researching and offering the best local information to inspire the thousands of people that visit the sites each month
- iknow-uk gives visitors a wide choice of ways to research and contact accommodation providers. They can book online or have the option to contact properties by phone, email or through their websites
- iknow-uk ltd launched iknow-yorkshire in September 2003. It has since launched an additional 17 sites, including iknow-scotland, iknow-lakedistrict, iknow-northwest, iknow-cornwall, iknow-devon, iknow-wales, iknow-dorset, iknow-kent, iknow-somerset, iknow-sussex, iknow-hampshire, iknow-northeast, iknow-peakdistrict, iknow-london, iknow-homecounties and iknow-cotswolds. iknow-westmidlands, iknow-eastmidlands and iknow-northernireland are soon to follow
- April 2009 saw the launch of a comprehensive hospitality section to iknow-yorkshire. Hospitality is now also available on all the iknow-uk regional sites
- Since its launch, iknow-uk has over 6,000 customers, including accommodation and hospitality providers, listing on its regional websites. The sites have received over 25 million visitors and created two million booking enquiries for customers listing on the regional sites, which equates to £290 million worth of bookings - making iknow a leading authority on online bookings across the UK
- For further enquiries on listing on iknow-uk's websites, please contact Eve or Rachael at iknow-uk on 01772 521166