The Power Of Persuasion
Frank Luntz is a US political consultant understands messaging and the power of persuasion.
Here are seven of his insightful discoveries for producing persuasive documents or presentations:
1. A numerated list will result in more than twice the recall of a bullet point list.
2. The most important point should go at the top, the second most important should go at the bottom.
3. Provide a checklist. Readers will fill it out in their heads even if they don’t do it physically.
4. Pictures are much more impactful than words.
5. One picture is much more impactful than a collage.
6. Avoid words like promise and pledge. A commitment is more powerful.
7. To add credibility, sign your name after a commitment.