ABERDEEN CITY CENTRE APARTMENTS APPROVED FOR CALA
Friday, 20 March 2020
CALA Homes (North) has received planning approval for a collection of new Aberdeen city centre apartments subject to the satisfactory conclusion of a Section 75 agreement.
The homebuilder, in conjunction with NHS Grampian, submitted a proposal for a development of 32 one and two bedrooms apartments at May Baird Avenue, within the grounds of the former Royal Cornhill Hospital, which are set to transform the currently disused, surplus land.
Ross Maclennan, Land Director for CALA Homes (North), said: “We believe that this development will bring much needed high quality apartments to the city centre, built to CALA’s very high specifications and standards.
“We carefully considered feedback from local people and other key stakeholders to ensure these new apartments are in keeping with their surroundings and are pleased to have received the go ahead from Aberdeen City Council pending completion of a Section 75 agreement.”
For further information on CALA Homes visit www.cala.co.uk.
For more information contact:
Julie Yeudall / firstname.lastname@example.org / 01698 787845 / 07730415019
Rachel Connor / email@example.com / 01324 602563 / 07768468812
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland.
- In the 18 months to December 2018, CALA sold over 3000 homes and announced record profit before tax of £122.4m and also record revenues of £1,220.8m.
- CALA employs more than 1,000 people across 10 offices and more than 70 developments
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for 2019. On average over the past 10 years, the independent survey has found that more than 93% of our customers would recommend CALA to a friend.
- In 2017, and for the second consecutive year, CALA has collected the Silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the WhatHouse? Awards. At the 2018 Scottish Home Awards, CALA received the Customer Service Excellence Award for the third year running. In 2019, CALA was named Home Builder of the Year at the Homes for Scotland Awards.
- In March 2018, CALA Group was acquired by Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk