ALL THAT SHIMMERS IS GOLD AT NEW JACKTON SHOWHOME
Tuesday, 28 February 2017
Set in the countryside village of Jackton, on the outskirts of East Kilbride, award-winning homebuilder CALA Homes (West) has opened the doors to its stunning five bedroom Lewis showhome which showcases the epitome of top interior design in 2017.
The luxurious five-bedroom home can be found at CALA’s newest development in South Lanarkshire - Gillburn Steadings, which comprises 24 generously sized four and five-bedroom luxury detached homes.
Designed by Alison Harding of AMW Designs, who works exclusively for CALA Homes in the West of Scotland, the Gillburn Steadings showhome is inspired by the beautiful countryside backdrop with soft coppers and golds infused with deep inky blues and chalky hues to mirror the drama of the skyline.
Welcoming bronze and golds pull you in when you enter the fabulous five-bedroomed property like a shimmering treasure trove awaiting exploration. A striking geometric cracked effect brick feature wall with a trio of gold metal mirrors will capture your attention as you glide through the glass panelled dark walnut doors into the light and spacious dining room.
Soft natural tones accented by black gloss and gold accessories offer a glamorous setting to the oval shaped dining table with gold leather effect chairs with chrome finish bull-ring feature. The nature theme is highlighted through a gold metal botanic leaf pendant light and landscape artwork.
In the warm and luxurious formal lounge, situated to the rear of the house, an inviting gold and neutral palette complements the unique feature wall displaying a washed effect with cool blue tones and textures.
Welcoming woven cream three seater sofas and feature grey studded love seat make this the ideal room to relax and unwind after a long day. The gold metal work continues in the glass coffee table, art deco metal side tables and sunburst mirror making a statement on the feature wall.
French doors flood the room with natural light leading out to the beautifully landscaped garden with wooden pergola feature – perfect for al fresco dining in the warm summer months.
Moving through to the kitchen and family room, homebuyers are treated to an ultra-chic kitchen designed by Ashley Ann with quality Bosch integrated appliances. Fitted LED lights surround the spacious matt grey unites with textured grey wood effect worktops. The extended worktop acts as a stylish breakfast bar with a duo of impressive high back bar stools, an ideal space to kick-start your day.
The soft coppers and inky blues continue into the heart of the home, the family area. Complete with navy chenille three seater sofa, plush abstract curtains and textured fabric blue armchair, the sociable living space features an additional dining table with four cream bronze studded chairs with back handle finish. This colour palette gives a nod to the top trends of 2017.
A spacious utility room, WC and double garage complete the ground floor of this spectacular home.
Making your way up the staircase to the upper floor will bring you to the gorgeous master bedroom where your eyes will instantly be drawn to the blue and silver silk effect floral feature wall which frames the breath-taking cream and gold studded headboard that rests upon it. Overlooking the wonderful countryside, the nature theme continues with the striking gold leaf effect pendant light, brushed gold twig effect marble occasion table and structured chrome wood effect table lamps with statement black oversized shades.
In the ensuite a waterfall chrome shower compliments the Jack and Jill sinks from the Laufen range with hints of bronze though the statement wall mirror.
Bedroom two, complete with ensuite, is perfect for a teenage girl offering pops of colour through the glossy yellow bedside lamp, Nordic yellow occasion table and striking teal headboard. The nature theme continues with in a feminine way through the feather feature wall, soft feather lampshade and floral teal 3D butterfly metal artwork
Soft creams with injections of coppers and golds continue in the other three bedrooms and master bathroom completing the upper floor.
Alison Harding, AMW Designs said: "With Gillburn Steadings set in the spectacular countryside with enviable views from all aspects, I wanted the interior design of the showhome to strongly reflect natures colour palette.
“Statement piece mirrors grace the walls, heightening the feeling of light and space through the home. Combined with carefully selected furnishings, artwork and accessories, presents a luxurious, relaxing and stylish home."
Liana Canavan, sales and marketing director at CALA Homes (West) said: “The launch of the eagerly anticipated showhome at Gillburn Steadings has sparked a great deal of interest amongst our prospective purchasers.
“Alison has done an incredible job capturing the stunning landscape backdrop within the interior design which really pays tribute to the beautiful surrounding area and keeps nature in its heart throughout every room around the home.”
“Gillburn Steadings offers fabulous access to all the amenities of nearby East Kilbride whilst being located in its own semi-rural hideaway so I would encourage visitors to arrange their visit soon and see this stunning showhome for themselves.”
Prices at Gillburn Steadings start from £355,000. For more information on Gillburn Steadings customers can call 01355 443 257 or visit www.cala.co.uk.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk