Banish School Holiday Boredom Snozone Braehead This Half-Term
Friday, 05 February 2010
SNO!zone Braehead is calling for thrill-seeking kids to get involved in their specially designed SNO!camps this half-term for an experience they won't forget.
Back by popular demand, the real snow slope in Braehead will be re-opening their SNO!camps from Monday to Tuesday (15th -16th) during the February break for children aged seven to 15- years -old.
Priced from just £50 for half a day including refreshments, SNO!camps provide a great way to get kids active during this half term. The focus of the camps is on fun, safe learning, and instruction is given at all levels.
The camps are tailored to the individual abilities of the kids, with four levels on offer - Rookie, Rider, Pro and Freestyle.
The new, 'Freestyle camp' is aimed at more advanced riders who have passed level six training. This camp, open to seven to 15- year -olds, aims to teach and progress kids through the freestyle elements of both skiing and snowboarding.
Beginners will be familiarised with the equipment before learning the basics of snow sports, such as keeping a steady speed and controlling turns as they progress towards the minimum competency standard.
More accomplished skiers and snowboarders can work on their skills and take part in various activities including games and races, all under supervision by the centre's experienced instructors.
Fun off the snow, as part of the full day camps, include kids testing their putting skills at mini golf, catching up on the latest releases at the cinema, battling it out in laser quest or perfecting their climbing at Climbzone.
Lisa Allan, SNO!zone brand manager, said: "It is always difficult to think of enough fun activities to keep kids entertained throughout the school break.
"We've come up with a number of exciting things to do on and off the slopes for all ages this half-term, so everyone is guaranteed to have fun".
For more information visit http://www.snozoneuk.com/.
- With an indoor real snow slope covered with 1700 tonnes of fresh snow, SNO!zone, located within the Xscape entertainment complex at Braehead, Glasgow, is the country's leading winter sports venue.
- SNO!zone operates three real snow slopes in the UK based in Braehead, Glasgow, Castleford, Leeds and Milton Keynes
- As well as the main slope, a dedicated lesson slope at each centre allows visitors to learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding with qualified instructors
- Activities on offer at every centre include skiing, snowboarding, sledging and ice sliding
- When not on the slope, visitors can enjoy some après ski at the Alpine themed SNO!bars
- SNO!zone Scotland Braehead can be found within the Xscape entertainment venue just off junction 26 on the M8.
- For further information about SNO!zone visit http://www.snozonebraehead.com/ or call 0871 222 5672.