Bethnal Green Celebrates Success
Monday, 12 October 2009
Specsavers in Bethnal Green Road were giving out free cake, sweets and goodies to thank the local public for all their support.
All week the store will also be offering 5% discount on glasses. This offer is on top of the 2-for-1 deal that is currently running on all frames from the £125 designer range, including single vision scratch resistant Pentax lenses. In addition, the 5% discount extends across all store promotions, including those in place for students and the over 60s.
Rupesh Halai, optometrist at Specsavers says: 'We invited Bethnal Green residents to celebrate our five years here as after all, without them we wouldn't still be here.
'It was great to see people come down to the store, meet all our team members and receive 5% off their glasses on the day. We were happy to see people advantage of the free food and bargains specs!'
To book an appointment for an eye examination at Specsavers in Bethnal Green call 020 7324 7520 or visit www.specsavers.co.uk/bethnalgreen .Issued by Beattie Communications on behalf of Specsavers Opticians in Bethnal Green
For further press information or an interview with a qualified optometrist, please contact:
“The following are registered or unregistered trade marks of the Specsavers Group of Companies – The Specsavers Logo and Specsavers Opticians. All other Trade Marks are the property of their respective owners.”
Specsavers notes to editors
• Specsavers was founded by Doug and Dame Mary Perkins in 1984 and is now the largest privately owned opticians in the world
• The couple still run the company, along with their three children. Their eldest son John is joint managing director
• Specsavers has more than 1,380 stores throughout the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Spain, Australia and New Zealand.
• Annual turnover for the Specsavers Group is forecast to reach a record £1.4 billion in 2009
• Specsavers optical stores and hearing centres are owned and run by joint venture or franchise partners.
• Specsavers employs more than 26,000 staff
• Specsavers was voted Britain’s most trusted brand of opticians for the eighth year running by Reader’s Digest in 2009
• Greater than one in three people who wear glasses in the UK buy them from Specsavers * – nine and a half million glasses were exported from the warehouse to stores in 2008
• Specsavers is the largest retail provider of home delivery contact lenses in Europe and one of the top two retail suppliers of continuous wear lenses in the world
• Specsavers is now the largest retail dispenser of digital hearing aids in the UK and offer a hearing service from more than 400 locations.
• Specsavers supports numerous optical and hearing charities, including Diabetes UK, for whom they have raised more than £250,000 to fund research into diabetic retinopathy
• Since 2003 more than a quarter of a million glasses have been collected and recycled by Specsavers stores for Vision Aid Overseas for use in developing countries