Breadsticks Chocolate Fingers Head Into Sainsburys
Monday, 26 September 2011
It's good news for gluten-savvy Christmas shoppers as the maker of DS-gluten free and TRUfree announces that two more of its gluten and wheat free products are being stocked in Sainsbury's stores.
The DS-gluten free Breadsticks and TRUfree Chocolate Fingers hit the shelves at the beginning of September and they're both ideal for serving at festive drinks and dinner parties.
"Christmas is the season to eat, drink and make merry but if you're on a gluten free diet this can be easier said than done," said Michelle Shinn, Retail Brand Manager for DS-gluten free and TRUfree. "Fortunately, more and more gluten free products are becoming available on the supermarket shelves, making it easier to cater for those who don't eat gluten. Now that our DS-gluten free Breadsticks and TRUfree Chocolate Fingers are available in Sainsbury's, hopefully more people with coeliac disease or other gluten intolerances will be able to enjoy a little indulgence this Christmas."
DS-gluten free is the leading free from brand in the country and produces a range of gluten free products including breads, sweet breakfast rolls, crackers and biscuits.
"The Christmas season can be a bit of a minefield if you don't eat gluten, so the more free from products available in the supermarkets, the better!" added Michelle. "Customers can sometimes find it hard to buy quick snacks suitable for coeliacs, so we're really pleased to be able to offer even more choice."
Notes to editors:
- Dr. Schär UK is the UK division of the European company Dr. Schär, market leader and pioneer in the gluten free food sector, drawing on the company's 30 year global heritage
- Dr. Schär aims to be the leading food specialist for particular dietary and nutritional needs in Europe and America
- The company was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Its Dietary Specials (DS-gluten free) range is brand leader in the retail sector and its Glutafin brand is a leading brand in the healthcare channel.
- The company is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of the TRUfree brand in retail.
- Since 1998 the Warrington based team has been working closely with the loyal DS-gluten free customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, frozen and chilled foods
- Dr. Schär products cater for those with coeliac disease and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a gluten or wheat free diet for lifestyle reasons