Bridges Receive Royal Flush Approval
Monday, 01 February 2010
The Bridges Shopping Centre in Sunderland has had a clean sweep at the
National Loo of the Year Awards 2009 with a hat-trick of award wins.
After wiping the floor with the competition, the Bridges scooped the 5 Star Gold Award for its Customer Toilets, the 4 Star Silver Award for its Parent & Child Room and the Attendant of the Year Award.
"These awards build upon our success last year when the Bridges won the 4 Star Silver Award for its Customer Toilets and Attendant of the Year Award, " comments Phil Steele, centre director of the Bridges.
Phil adds: "Heightening our customers experience at the Bridges is at the top of our agenda and we've invested significantly to ensure we continue to improve all of our facilities. The cleaning team work tirelessly and these awards, particularly Attendant of the Year which was awarded to the full team, are a huge testament to their dedication and hard work."
Recent enhancements to the facilities include the installation of new environmentally friendly dyson airblade hand dryers - which use 80 per cent less energy than normal hand dryers -, air quality improvements and re-decoration. The centre has also increased the frequency of the cleaning regime to ensure customer satisfaction.
The loo of the Year Awards and associated Attendant of the Year Awards for cleaning staff have been identifying the best in Britain since 1987 and are recognised as standard setters for all those who provide 'away from home' facilities for staff, customers and visitors.
More than 1540 entries were made this year and every entry received an unannounced visit from an authorised Loo of the Year Awards Inspector and was assessed against over 100 judging criteria - including signage and décor, fixtures and fittings and overall standards of cleanliness and management.
Notes to Editors
- The Bridges is owned and operated by Land Securities. More information on Land Securities can be found on http://www.landsecurities.com/
- The Bridges provides 515,000 sq ft (47,845 sq m) of retail space in the heart of Sunderland
- It offers over 100 shop units, including top name retailers such as Debenhams, Next, H&M Hennes and River Island
- It attracts approximately 23 million visitors each year, with a combined catchment of 663,000 people
- The Bridges has excellent public transport links and 961 parking spaces attached to the centre
Land Securities Group PLC
- Land Securities is the UK's leading Real Estate Investment Trust with a national portfolio of commercial property. Our investment portfolio also has more than 50 retail parks and shopping centres including Bristol's Cabot Circus and Exeter's quadruple award-winning Princesshay site.
- Land Securities' multi billion pound development programme is transforming regional city centres including Cardiff and Leeds, key Central London sites and delivering long-term, large-scale regeneration projects in the South East.
- Half of the Land Securities' portfolio is in London, where it owns landmark buildings such as the Piccadilly Lights and Westminster City Hall, and is developing some of the capital's most innovative mixed-use schemes, such as One New Change in Mid-town and Park House on Oxford Street.