CALA CONSTRUCTION DIRECTOR PRESENTS NEW DEFIBRILLATOR FOR LOCAL EXERCISE CLASSES
Friday, 26 August 2016
Steve Jarvie, Construction Director at CALA Homes (North), visited a GCRA (formerly Grampian Cardiac Rehabilitation Association) exercise class at the Beacon Centre in Aberdeen to present the organisation’s directors, Bert Lyon and Bert Hosie, with a new Cardiac Science Powerheart G5 defibrillator.
The £990 defibrillator was donated to GCRA as part of the housebuilder’s £10,000 community bursary initiative.
GCRA runs 38 weekly classes in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire. The classes are attended by locals who have suffered heart attacks or other cardiac conditions and aim to help them return to work and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
Bert Hosie, said: “It is essential for us to have a defibrillator present at each of our classes. We are very grateful to CALA Homes for providing us with this donation which has enabled us to run extra new classes.”
Steve added: “I have been in touch with the team since they were announced as recipients of the community bursary – it was fantastic to be able to officially present the defibrillator to them.”
Issued on behalf of CALA Homes (North) by Beattie Communications
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2015, CALA announced record profits of £50.9m (2014: £26.8m) and an improved house sales gross margin of 23.4% (2014: 22.8%).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2015, was £509,000 (2014: £423,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2015, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 14,236 plots (2014: 12,690) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.2bn, up 11% versus 2014 (£4.7bn).
- In 2015, CALA Homes was named ‘Large Business of the Year’ at the Scottish Business Awards and was also awarded bronze for the UK’s ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards. In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk