CALA EXTENDS £10K COMMUNITY BURSARY SCHEME DEADLINE
Friday, 24 February 2017
CALA Homes (North) has extended the deadline for applications for its £10,000 community bursary initiative by two weeks, due to the encouraging level of enquiries.
Application forms can be requested by emailing email@example.com and must now be submitted by Tuesday 14 March.
The popular scheme, which returned in January, invites local charities, community groups and organisations to apply for a share of the bursary to help fund a local project.
Mike Naysmith, Managing Director at CALA Homes (North), said: “We have extended the community bursary application deadline to give as many charities and organisations as possible the opportunity to enter.
“Last year, our scheme helped 12 projects which directly benefitted our local communities and we hope to do the same this year.
“Charities, groups and organisations can apply for a maximum of £1,000 each and we look forward to supporting a wide range of groups in 2017.”
The community bursary scheme was first launched in 2015 to mark the housebuilder’s 140th anniversary in Aberdeen.
Applicants must state the amount they would like to secure and what the money will be used for to be in with a chance of receiving funding. Applications will be judged by a panel from CALA Homes.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk