CALA HELPS YOUNG GARDNENERS BLOSSOM
Thursday, 06 April 2017
Green fingered pupils at Milltimber Primary School have been given a helping hand from CALA Homes. The housebuilder has provided the school with a donation of gardening equipment and accessories in support of National Gardening Week (10th-16th April).
As well as gardening tools including spades, trowels, rakes, watering cans and gloves; the school also received an insect sculpture hotel and wildlife attracting seeds to encourage wildlife into the school gardens.
Dorothy Hagan, Headteacher at Milltimber Primary School, said: “We are thrilled with this kind donation from CALA Homes, which is a great way to get the children more involved in gardening. Children can learn new skills, have fun and develop self-confidence by spending time in the garden which is something we actively encourage. This new equipment will help get the children engaged with the school gardens as well as creating a more attractive environment for everyone to enjoy.
Emma Gelati, Marketing Manager for CALA Homes (North), said: “Creating beautiful places to live is at the heart of what we do and gardens can play an important role in our sense of wellbeing. National Gardening Week is all about encouraging new gardeners so we thought it would be a great opportunity to help encourage younger generations to get involved and develop a passion for gardening. We’re delighted to be able to support Milltimber Primary School and hope the children enjoy using the new equipment.”
National Gardening Week was launched six years ago by the RHS and since then has grown into the country’s biggest celebration of gardening. This year’s theme focuses on inspiring new gardeners to get involved in growing plants and flowers.
The first phase of CALA’s development in Milltimber, Milltimber Grange at Oldfold Village, comprises 60 three, four and five-bedroom luxury homes. The housebuilder also recently released a collection of seven three-bedroom Arthur homes in an exclusive pocket of the development named The Courtyard.
The Oldfold Village sales suite and showhomes are open daily from 11.00am – 5.30pm, with current prices starting at £369,000 for the three-bedroom Arthur. For information on availability and future releases, please call 01224 737812 or register at www.cala.co.uk.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk