CALA HOMES’ £10K COMMUNITY BURSARY SCHEME LAUNCHES FOR 2017
Tuesday, 31 January 2017
CALA Homes (North) has launched its £10,000 community bursary initiative for the second year.
The luxury housebuilder is inviting local charities, community groups and organisations to apply for a share of the bursary to help fund a project which makes a vital difference in and around the local community. CALA hopes to use the sum to help as many local groups as possible.
The community bursary scheme was first launched in 2015 to mark the housebuilder’s 140th anniversary in Aberdeen and the £10,000 pot was shared among 12 local charities and helped to support a variety of projects including providing two new wheelchairs for Grampian MS Therapy Centre and helping to fund Maggie’s Talking Heads workshops which provided wig, scalp care and scarf tying advice.
Application forms can be requested by emailing email@example.com and must be submitted by Tuesday 28 February.
Applicants must state the amount they would like to secure and what the money will be used for to be in with a chance of receiving funding. Applications will be judged by a panel from CALA Homes.
Mike Naysmith, Managing Director at CALA Homes (North), said: “Our community bursary scheme was a resounding success and provided us with the opportunity to build relationships with some fantastic local organisations.
“It was a privilege to see how the donations were used to benefit the community and have the opportunity to meet staff from each group to hear first-hand how the donation made a difference.
“Many members of our staff were involved in the process, visiting the charities and organisations to officially present their cheques and everyone is excited to launch the scheme again to find more worthy projects in our local area.
“We would like to welcome all charities, groups and organisations in the area that could benefit from our assistance to complete the application form by 28 February.”
Issued on behalf of CALA Homes (North) by Beattie Communications
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk