CALA HOMES DONATES TOP TOYS TO CASH FOR KIDS AT CHRISTMAS EXTRAVAGANZA
Sunday, 18 December 2016
CALA Homes has donated John Lewis’ top 10 toys for 2016 as well as £500 and a host of selection boxes to Cash for Kids’ Mission Christmas appeal following its Christmas family event in Milltimber.
The luxury housebuilder’s Christmas event helped locals get in the festive spirit with a number of activities including Santa’s grotto, live reindeer, face painting, storytelling, a John Lewis toy testing station, wreath-making and Christmas tunes performed by two brass bands.
CALA’s Milltimber Grange at Oldfold Village development was transformed into a winter wonderland with a 20 foot Christmas tree adorned with lights and a flurry of snow welcoming guests at the entry to the development. And with Christmas interiors styled by the John Lewis, Home Design Stylist, the stunning Lewis show home served as the perfect backdrop for the festive displays.
The Mission Christmas toy appeal helps to provide Christmas presents for underprivileged children across the North-East. CALA has so far received 50 presents from locals at its two donation points at the CALA Westhill head office and Milltimber Grange at Oldfold Village sales suite.
Presents will be collected from the donation points on Friday 16 December.
Callum McCaig, MP for Aberdeen South and Marie Boulton, Deputy Leader of Aberdeen City Council attended the event to meet with representatives from CALA and Cash for Kids.
Callum McCaig MP for Aberdeen South said: “The Christmas event in Milltimber was a fantastic celebration in the community ahead of Christmas, made particularly special by live reindeer and Santa’s grotto. It was fantastic for CALA to engage with local residents to help support Cash for Kids and I hope they continue to give-back to the community and great causes in the North East.”
Mike Naysmith, Managing Director for CALA Homes (North), said: “I’d like to thank everyone who has supported our Cash for Kids appeal so far.
“Our festive celebration in Milltimber was a fantastic day, topped off by having the opportunity to donate ten superb toys and £500 to the charity and bring together figures in the community to highlight the plight of underprivileged children who may wake up on Christmas morning with no gifts.
“We hope the event was enjoyed by all our guests and helped to kick off the festive season in the community.”
Michelle Ferguson, Cash for Kids Charity Manager, said: “I was delighted to represent Cash for Kids at CALA’s magical Christmas event and accept the very kind donation.
“Every donation helps us to make sure as many children as possible have a present to open on Christmas Day and we’ll be working very hard to distribute the gifts once our donation points close on Friday.”
Cash for Kids is Northsound Radio’s listeners’ charity. It makes grants to individuals, families, children’s groups, organisations and projects throughout the Northsound transmission area. All money is raised locally and spent locally to benefit local disabled and disadvantaged children and young people under 18.
More information on the appeal, including a full list of donation points, can be found at www.northsound1.com/missionchristmas. Or if you'd prefer to give cash donation, you can donate online, in person or over the phone.
Notes to Editor
Cash for Kids
Cash for Kids is Northsound Radio’s listeners’ charity. It makes grants to individuals, families, children’s groups, organisations and projects throughout the Northsound transmission area. All money is raised locally and spent locally to benefit local disabled and disadvantaged children and young people under 18. More information on Cash for Kids can be found at www.northsound1.com/charity, or telephone 01224 337010.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk