CALA Homes funds primary school playground improvements
Wednesday, 11 December 2019
A primary school in Renfrewshire is celebrating after receiving a helping hand from CALA Homes (West).
Rashielea Primary School in Erskine has seen its playground given a new lease of life thanks to funding from the award-winning homebuilder.
The £1,000 donation was awarded via CALA Homes’ annual community bursary scheme following an application by the school’s Parents’ Association.
Rashielea’s Parents’ Association has been working to raise funds to improve the playground to ensure pupils can learn and develop whilst having fun outside of the classroom.
The funding from CALA Homes (West) has gone towards new play climbing equipment for the school’s outdoor area.
Donna Burke, who submitted the Parents’ Association’s funding application, said: “The donation from CALA Homes (West) means the world to us, and we cannot thank them enough for their generosity. This money has gone a long way to helping us purchase and install some fun play equipment for the children which helps enable the children to really enjoy our outdoor space. The children love it.”
Louise Dunn, Marketing Manager at CALA Homes (West), visited the school to see the new equipment funded by the homebuilder, and hear more about the Parents’ Association’s work to enhance the school’s existing facilities.
She said: “It was great to meet Donna and other representatives from the Parents’ Association, the teachers and the pupils at Rashielea Primary. Schools need so many facilities and pieces of equipment to keep the children engaged as they learn and develop, and the Parents’ Association works so well alongside the teachers to help boost provisions to the school.
“The new play equipment has made a real difference to the playground environment and the kids raced out to play on it as soon as the bell rang for playtime. It was heartening to see what a difference the funding has made.”
Liana Canavan, Sales and Marketing Director of CALA Homes (West), said: “We are really pleased to support Rashielea Primary School’s Parents’ Association, particularly given the proximity of the school to our new development in Erskine, Gilchrist Gardens.”
Issued by Beattie Communications on behalf of CALA Homes.
For further information contact:
Karen Devine 01698 787855 email@example.com
Carla Rinaldi 01698 787862 firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland.
In the 18 months to December 2018, CALA sold over 3000 homes and announced record profit before tax of £122.4m and also record revenues of £1,220.8m.
- CALA employs more than 1,000 people across 10 offices and more than 70 developments
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for 2019. On average over the past 10 years, the independent survey has found that more than 93% of our customers would recommend CALA to a friend.
- In 2017, and for the second consecutive year, CALA has collected the Silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the WhatHouse? Awards. At the 2018 Scottish Home Awards, CALA received the Customer Service Excellence Award for the third year running. In 2019, CALA was named Home Builder of the Year at the Homes for Scotland Awards.
- CALA is proud to be a Gold Patron of the Prince’s Trust, our national charity partner since 2015.
- In March 2018, CALA Group was acquired by Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk