CALA HOMES’ JUDGING PANEL SET TO ANNOUNCE COMMUNITY BURSARY RECIPIENTS FOR 2017
Thursday, 30 March 2017
CALA Homes (North) has been inundated with applications from charities and community groups across Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire for a share of its £10,000 community bursary scheme.
The housebuilder received more than 45 entries from organisations looking for funding for a wide range of projects benefiting the local area.
The applications are being reviewed by a panel of judges which includes Press & Journal journalist, Ellie House; legal consultant, John Curran, and director of Beattie, the creative communications group, Joanne Spence.
The trio join Managing Director of CALA Homes (North), Mike Naysmith and Sales and Marketing Director, Fraser Carr.
Mike said: “Once again, our community bursary initiative has attracted a fantastic number of entries from deserving causes across the region.
“I’d like to thank each of the charities and groups that have taken the time to complete the application form.
“The panel is carefully considering which ones will receive a portion of the £10,000 fund and we’ll be announcing the recipients shortly.”
John Curran retired as a consultant with international law firm Pinsent Masons last year after a 44-year legal career specialising in property development. He is Managing Director of JARABEC Consulting Ltd, Chair of The Trinity Group, and Non-Executive Director of three Scottish property development and investment companies.
Ellie House joined the features team at Press & Journal last year and covers the topics of lifestyle, health and home. She previously worked as a digital journalist at the Daily Record and a senior reporter at The Inverness Courier.
Joanne Spence has more than 15 years’ experience in the communications industry working with a varied mix of corporate and consumer brands across Scotland.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk