CALA HOMES SOWS SEEDS OF NEW GARDEN PARTNERSHIP
Tuesday, 03 November 2020
An award-winning homebuilder has struck up a partnership with an expert gardening company to give buyers in the west of Scotland the chance to grow their own veg in their new homes.
CALA Homes (West) has joined forces with East Renfrewshire based Goody Foody Gardens to give clients the opportunity to have their very own raised bed vegetable patch added to their garden as part of their new home purchase.
Buyers who select the option will be given everything they need to get growing, including a raised bed which will be installed by an experienced Goody Foody Gardener, who will show homebuyers how to get the best from the fresh produce grown, literally, on their own doorstep.
Green-fingered homebuyers, and novices with an interest in growing their own alike, can see exactly what’s on offer from Goody Foody Gardens at two of CALA’s west of Scotland developments, with the showhomes at Florence Gardens in Ayr and Jocelin Gardens in Bishopbriggs both now boasting their own veg patches.
Liana Canavan, sales and marketing director at CALA Homes (West), said: “We pride ourselves in building homes as sustainably as possible and supporting small, local businesses, so we’re delighted to partner up with Goody Foody Gardens to offer buyers a more sustainable way of getting their hands on family favourites that feature on weekly food shopping lists once they’ve moved in.
“Tending the patches is a fantastic hobby and a wonderful way for parents to keep the kids entertained. We’re confident that our buyers, particularly those with kids who love getting their hands dirty, will love the idea.”
Laura Molloy, Founder at Goody Foody Gardens, said: “We’re absolutely thrilled to be partnering up with CALA Homes (West) to offer buyers the opportunity grow their own wonderful, vibrant fresh veg in their brand new back gardens.
“Growing your own is becoming increasingly popular as people become more conscious of the provenance of their food as well as their impact on the environment when it comes to food waste and single use plastic packaging. Our veg beds allow people to grow up to 11 different types of veg and three herbs – plenty to create wonderful dishes at home that are packed with colour and nutrition.
“Our raised beds are particularly popular with families and, since they come installed by one of our expert gardeners and include ongoing veg top ups and annual maintenance, they’re perfect for novices and the green-fingered alike.”
The Goody Foody Gardens raised bed vegetable patch for up to 11 veg and three herbs costs £348 ex. VAT and includes full installation and an annual maintenance plan by a knowledgeable gardener with seasonal veg top-ups. Payments can be made as a one-off or spread across 12 months for £29.
Existing and prospective buyers can view the fully installed raised beds at Florence Gardens in Ayr and Jocelin Gardens in Bishopbriggs.
For more information visit www.cala.co.uk
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland.
- In the 18 months to December 2019, CALA sold over 2,400 homes and announced profit before tax of £96.2m and revenues of £1,002.2m.
- CALA employs more than 1,100 people across 10 offices and more than 75 developments.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey 2020. On average over the past 11 years, the independent survey has found that more than 93% of our customers would recommend CALA to a friend.
- At the 2018 Scottish Home Awards, CALA received the Customer Service Excellence Award for the third year running. In 2019, CALA was named Home Builder of the Year at the Homes for Scotland Awards.
- CALA is proud to have named the Samaritans as its national charity partner. CALA’s support will help to ensure that Samaritans can continue to be there for anyone who is struggling to cope. In turn, Samaritans provides training to help equip CALA’s staff – as well as employees of its subcontractors – with the skills to take care of their own wellbeing, as well as being aware of their co-workers’.
- In March 2018, CALA Group was acquired by Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk