CALA HOMES SUPPORTS Children 1st WITH COUNSELLING SESSION FUNDING
Tuesday, 30 August 2016
CALA Homes (North) has helped to provide a month’s worth of therapeutic support sessions for ten local children through a £1,000 donation from its community bursary fund.
The donation to charity Children 1st was part of the housebuilder’s £10,000 community bursary scheme which was launched last year to mark 140 years since the company was established as the City of Aberdeen Land Association.
Children 1st has been working to support children at risk of abuse and neglect for over 130 years, working with children and their families to develop positive coping strategies and move forward with greater resilience and confidence.
Louise Sutherland, Senior Corporate and Major Gifts Fundraiser at Children 1st, said: “In Aberdeen we offer an abuse and trauma service, Corrieneuchin, which provides a therapeutic service for children, young people and their families who have been affected by abuse, trauma and neglect.
“We use a range of methods to engage with children and their families including counselling skills, art, play and other forms of creative communication to help children and their families make sense of their experiences and support them to develop trusting relationships with safe boundaries in the future.
“We’d like to thank CALA Homes for its donation which will help us to continue to support children in the local area.”
Emma Gelati, Marketing Co-ordinator at CALA Homes (North) visited the charity’s base in Aberdeen to meet with its staff and counsellors.
Emma said: “Children 1st is a long-standing and trusted child welfare charity offering a vital service to children and their families in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire which is why we were eager to assist.
“Meeting the charity’s counsellors really brought to life the important work they do and highlighted just how crucial counselling sessions can be for children in need of support.
The CALA Homes (North) community bursary is supporting 12 different charities and community groups across Aberdeen and the surrounding area this year by funding vital equipment and services. Beneficiaries include Grampian MS Therapy Centre, Grampian Deaf Children's Society, Aberdeen Science Centre, and SensationalALL.
Issued on behalf of CALA Homes (North) by Beattie Communications
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2015, CALA announced record profits of £50.9m (2014: £26.8m) and an improved house sales gross margin of 23.4% (2014: 22.8%).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2015, was £509,000 (2014: £423,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2015, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 14,236 plots (2014: 12,690) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.2bn, up 11% versus 2014 (£4.7bn).
- In 2015, CALA Homes was named ‘Large Business of the Year’ at the Scottish Business Awards and was also awarded bronze for the UK’s ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards. In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk