CALA HOMES’ TOOLBOX TALKS AT BALJAFFRAY PRIMARY
Monday, 27 February 2017
CALA Homes (West), the UK’s most upmarket major homebuilder, has teamed up with a local primary school in Bearsden to promote health and safety around construction sites.
Pupils from Baljaffray Primary School received a visit from Martin Brennan, CALA Homes’ Health and Safety Manager, for a presentation on construction site health and safety.
Children from primary five upwards enjoyed the Toolbox Talk which included a demonstration of the protective clothing worn on site as well as the dangers of playing on a live construction site.
The purpose of the Toolbox Talks programme is to make pupils aware of the steps that can be taken to improve safety around building sites, and ultimately save lives.
Baljaffray pupils enjoyed an interactive presentation by Martin, and each child received a goodie bag, whilst CALA also donated protective clothing to the school including vests, boots and hard hats.
Toolbox Talks was introduced by CALA Homes to educate primary school children concerning the CALA sites nearby. Every primary school in connection with a CALA development are offered Toolbox Talks.
Lesley Rodden, head teacher at Baljaffray Primary, said: “We are exceptionally grateful to CALA Homes and Martin for coming to our school and teaching the children about safety surrounding construction sites.
“The children’s safety is our number one priority during, and out with, school hours so this really benefits all the children. And they thoroughly enjoyed themselves whilst also learning.”
Liana Canavan, sales and marketing director for CALA Homes (West), said: “We are really delighted about how engaged, and interested, the children at Baljaffray primary were about the Toolbox Talks programme.
“We thoroughly enjoyed working alongside Baljaffray primary school on a topic which we are very passionate about. We hope the talk proves invaluable in ensuring children of all ages remain safe around the housing sites.”
CALA Homes (West) is currently building Kilmardinny Grange and Kilmardinny Heights located off Milngavie Road offering a collection of one, two and three bedroom apartments, three bedroom semi-detached homes and four and five bedroom detached properties.
For more information visit www.cala.co.uk or call 01324 600000
Issued by Beattie Communications on behalf of CALA Homes.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk