CALA HOMES (WEST) EMPLOYEES TOUGHEN UP FOR CHARITY AND RAISE £12,000
Wednesday, 05 July 2017
A group of thrill-seeking CALA Homes (West) employees have raised a grand total of £12,342.50 for charities close to their hearts after taking part in this year’s Tough Mudder.
The team of fifteen employees from the UK’s most upmarket homebuilder completed the gruelling obstacle course at Drumlanrig Castle which is an annual event.
The CALA team met their target of £6,000 and doubled the funding by raising over £12,000. The money will be split equally between the Lanarkshire Health Board Neonatal Endowment Fund, the Scottish Centre for Children with Motor Impairments and The Brain Tumour Charity Scotland.
The team have raised vital funds to help support three charities across Scotland to repay the kindness they have personally received from the different charities and in a bid to help other families.
After months of solid training, the group took on the challenging 12 mile course with over 20 world class obstacles, including two electric shock obstacles, 500,000 litres of mud and 40 tons of ice.
CALA Homes (West) employee, Jamie Johnston, who works as a Surveying Manager for the business, said: “The CALA team have been very excited to attempt Tough Mudder, ever since we signed up months ago, especially as the charities we are donating to are very worthwhile. We were asked several times why we were putting ourselves through this but the answer is simple, we want to show our gratitude to three amazing charities which are close to our hearts.”
Liana Canavan, sales and marketing director at CALA Homes (West), said: “We are all very proud of the Tough Mudder team and want to congratulate every single member for completing the challenging course. They are a shining example of the great charity work which CALA supports.
“These charities offer invaluable services which have personally affected members of our team so we relish any opportunity to fundraise on behalf of these organisations.
CALA Homes (West) offers a match funding programme of up to £500 raised by employees boosting the final total further.
CALA Homes (West) offers a stunning collection of luxury new homes with development locations including Cumbernauld, East Kilbride, Newton Mearns, Lenzie, Thorntonhall and Larbert.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- On average over the past eight years, 93% of our customers have been willing to recommend CALA to a friend in the Home Builders Federation National New Homes customer satisfaction survey.
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk