CALA MOVES FORWARD WITH NEW COMMUNITY AT CRAIBSTONE
Monday, 05 June 2017
A brand new community at Craibstone in Aberdeen is a step closer as CALA Homes has submitted a planning application for the landmark project’s initial phase.
Aberdeen City Council will now consider the plans for a first wave of 143 new properties, which will eventually grow to create a significant and vibrant new community of around 700 homes, plus commercial space and a neighbourhood centre.
The initial phase of homes will comprise detached, semi-detached and terraced properties as well as apartments, all in keeping with CALA’s exacting standards and luxurious style.
Mike Naysmith, Managing Director of CALA Homes (North), said: “We are eager to move forward with the exciting first phase of our development at Craibstone. This milestone project has been more than a decade in the making and will truly bring a brand new community to Aberdeen.
“The combination of its natural, unspoilt surroundings with unrivalled access to the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route, AECC and airport makes Craibstone a truly unique location. With this in mind, we have very carefully crafted our plans to be sympathetic to the rural location and history of the site, whilst offering all the amenities and extra touches that residents will expect from a CALA development.
“We look forward to realising our exciting plans for Craibstone.”
For further information please visit www.cala.co.uk
Issued on behalf of CALA Homes (North) by Beattie Communications
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- On average over the past eight years, 93% of our customers have been willing to recommend CALA to a friend in the Home Builders Federation National New Homes customer satisfaction survey
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk