CALA WELCOMES STUDENTS FOR GLIMPSE INTO CONSTRUCTION CAREER
Wednesday, 21 December 2016
Site staff at CALA Homes’ Oldfold Village in Milltimber welcomed 34 students from Robert Gordon University for a site tour of the development.
The visit enabled the first year surveying and construction management students to gain an insight into a career in the construction industry.
The group met project manager Alan Whitelaw who was able to give an overview of the on-site processes, a guided tour of the development and a comprehensive overview of the project.
The first phase of the development, Milltimber Grange at Oldfold Village comprises 60 three, four and five-bedroom luxury homes. There are also plans for a brand new primary school with provision for £5.5million of community benefits for the area.
Alan said: “It was a pleasure to welcome the students to Oldfold Village to give them a flavour of working on a construction site.
“Our working days are very varied which makes our job challenging and exciting. I hope we were able to pass on our enthusiasm and passion to help inspire this next generation of employees in the construction trade.’
Alan Watson, Lecturer for Built Environment courses at Robert Gordon University, added: “Visiting construction sites and having the opportunity to speak to professionals like Alan is very beneficial for our students and helps to bring the course to life.
“I’d like to thank Alan and his team at CALA Homes for taking the time to give the students a fantastic tour of Oldfold Village.”
The luxury housebuilder also supports young people looking to embark on a construction career through its partnership with The Princes Trust.
The Princes Trust’s Get Into Construction programme gives unemployed disadvantaged young people across the UK, an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and apprenticeships in the industry which can lead to progression opportunities, such as employment, training and education.
Issued on behalf of CALA Homes (North) by Beattie Communications
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, and was crowned ‘Large Business of the Year’ at the prestigious Scottish Business Awards
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk