CASH FOR KIDS AND CALA HOMES HAVE CHRISTMAS ALL WRAPPED UP
Monday, 12 December 2016
CALA Homes is once again supporting Cash for Kids in its biggest ever toy appeal to help provide Christmas presents for underprivileged children across the North-East.
Committed to helping tackle child poverty across Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire, CALA Homes has joined forces with ‘Mission Christmas’ as part of the Cash for Kids gift appeal to provide presents for disadvantaged children on Christmas Day.
With donation points at both the CALA Westhill head office and Milltimber Grange at Oldfold Village, CALA is hoping to make this year’s collection the most successful to date.
And with the additional boost of CALA’s very own donation in partnership with John Lewis Aberdeen, the luxury housebuilder has purchased John Lewis’ top 10 toys for 2016 which will be handed over to Cash for Kids as part of the CALA Christmas extravaganza on Saturday, December 10.
The North-East children’s charity aims to ensure that all children in the region will wake up with presents to open on Christmas morning. And as poverty rises across Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire, Cash for Kids and CALA Homes is encouraging the public to purchase an extra toy or gift this festive season and donate to those less fortunate.
The collections will run until Friday, December 16, with all the new, unwrapped gifts being distributed to local children in time for Christmas Day.
Mike Naysmith, Managing Director for CALA Homes (North), said: “We are proud to support the appeal and help with the call out to the people of Aberdeen to make Christmas special for underprivileged children who would otherwise be waking up with no gift on Christmas morning.
“Our partnership with John Lewis means that we have been able to kick start this year’s donation drive, however we would encourage anyone who can spare a gift this year, to visit our collection point.
“We really hope that, with the support of CALA Homes and other companies throughout the city, more children than ever can expect to open a present on Christmas Day this year.”
Michelle Ferguson, Cash for Kids charity manager, said: “The response every year from north-east residents to the Mission Christmas appeal is incredible. Without their support and that of our volunteers it wouldn’t be possible to achieve what we do.
“We anticipate demand for gifts to again be high this year as a result of the local economic climate, so will be doing all we can to ensure that demand is met.”
Cash for Kids is Northsound Radio’s listeners’ charity. It makes grants to individuals, families, children’s groups, organisations and projects throughout the Northsound transmission area. All money is raised locally and spent locally to benefit local disabled and disadvantaged children and young people under 18.
More information on the appeal, including a full list of donation points, can be found at www.northsound1.com/missionchristmas. Or if you'd prefer to give cash donation, you can donate online, in person or over the phone.
Issued on behalf of CALA Homes (North) by Beattie Communications
Notes to Editor
Cash for Kids
Cash for Kids is Northsound Radio’s listeners’ charity. It makes grants to individuals, families, children’s groups, organisations and projects throughout the Northsound transmission area. All money is raised locally and spent locally to benefit local disabled and disadvantaged children and young people under 18. More information on Cash for Kids can be found at www.northsound1.com/charity, or telephone 01224 337010.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk