Centre Livingston Starts Search For Its Charity Year 2011
Thursday, 10 March 2011
The Centre, Livingston is appealing to West Lothian charities to come forward as the search for the shopping centre's Charity of the Year 2011 begins.
The shopping mall, with approx 250,000 visitors each week, has assigned a Charity of the Year since 2007, which has enabled The Centre to focus on a more formal arrangement with one particular charity.
The chosen charity will benefit from all money raised by The Centre during the partnership (April 2011-March 2012) and will have the opportunity to use the mall to raise awareness and generate funds.
The 2010 charity, Bosom Buds of Scotland, benefited greatly from the partnership, giving them a forum to raise funds, engage with the community and increase awareness of the work and support the charity offers.
Jennifer Bruce, marketing manager at The Centre, Livingston said: "Since 2007, we have partnered with a variety of charities. Our visitors and retailers are immensely generous each year so it is a great scheme to get involved in.
"We would welcome entries from local and national charities alike that benefit the people of West Lothian in some way."
The chosen charity will gain support from The Centre, Livingston and benefit from key events taking place at the mall over 2011. All submissions will be considered by both The Centre Management Team and a panel of retailers, who will decide on the partner for the coming year.
Entries packs are available by contacting Jennifer Bruce, Marketing Manager, The Centre Livingston, 87 Almondvale South, Livingston, EH54 6HR / Jennifer.Bruce@landsecurites.com.
Closing date for entries is Thursday 24 March 2011 and the appointed charity will be announced by 15th April 2011.
Conditions of partnership:
- The charity partner must obtain the appropriate permits from West Lothian Council in order to collect and must complete all paperwork, including provision of Public Liability Insurance to the value of £5m
- Three events must be held in the centre throughout the year that both help fundraise, create PR opportunities and help drive footfall to The Centre, Livingston.
- Whenever the charity is present within The Centre, it must comply with our quality guidelines
- All money raised within the centre must be declared after every event and a running total provided.
Notes to editors:
- The Centre offers a dynamic and inviting environment where people can shop, eat, relax or meet - whatever the weather. Made up of various elements, it comprises five distinct areas:
- Elements Square - the dramatic new 375,000 sq ft extension houses top retailers including M&S, Debenhams, Next and River Island located within an indoor shopping area with an outdoor feel.
- The Wintergarden - located upstairs within Elements Square, the Wintergarden has comfortable seating and catering outlets in a leafy garden environment providing an ideal break from the busy shopping areas.
- The Avenue - this road running between The Centre and Livingston Designer Outlet is home to the town's five new restaurants - Nandos, Chiquito, Ask, Tony Roma's and Wagamama.
- Almondvale Walk - the most easterly section of The Centre runs from JJB and Aulds along to Asda Walmart featuring favourites including WH Smith, Bodycare and M&Co.
- Almondvale Place - the mall that stretches from Semichem along to Carphone Warehouse, with top names including Boots, Argos and Chisholm Hunter.
Address: The Centre, Almondvale South, Livingston, EH54 6HR