Chill Out Slopes To Get Your Dream Beach Body
Tuesday, 01 June 2010
The summer holiday season is upon us and as many gear-up their fitness regime to get their dream beach body, SNO!zone offers a cool way to reach goals quickly on the slopes.
Snowsports is the latest fitness trend, with many celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Kate Middleton, Angelina Jolie, Victoria Beckham and Paris Hilton all hitting the slopes to keep their slender figures.
Both snowboarding and skiing provide the ideal work out with the average adult burning 125 calories every 15 minutes, more than running, cycling or playing Badminton. This small amount of skiing daily burns up to approximately 13lbs of body weight per year.
This unique way of exercising also helps weight maintenance by speeding up metabolism, and tones the lower parts of the body, perfect for squeezing into bikinis or speedos!
For those just starting out on the slopes SNO!zone also offers lessons with most visitors needing just four lessons to learn the basics before being able to progress to its 170m main slopes at its snow slopes in Milton Keynes, Castleford, near Leeds, and Braehead, near Glasgow.
Lisa Allan, SNO!zone's head of brand and marketing, said: "There is no more exciting way to shake up a fitness regime and get results quickly, especially at this time of year when people are getting away.
"SNO!zone's slopes are open every day for visitors to ski and snowboard as part of their regular fitness routine throughout the year."
Skiing and snowboarding are easy to learn at any age and SNO!zone's team of qualified instructors provide expert tuition in reaching recreational standard.
To learn more about SNO!zone's three centres in Braehead, Castleford and Milton Keynes visit www.snozoneuk.com
- SNO!zone operates three real snow slopes in the UK based in Braehead, Glasgow, Castleford, Leeds and Milton Keynes
- SNO!zone Milton Keynes opened in 2001 with Castleford following in 2003 and Scotland opening in 2006
- Each 170m long main slope is covered with more than 1500 tonnes of fresh snow
- As well as the main slope, a dedicated lesson slope at each centre allows visitors to learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding with qualified instructors
- Activities on offer at every centre include skiing, snowboarding, sledging and ice sliding
- When not on the slope, visitors can enjoy some après ski at the Alpine themed SNO!bars