Cool Move For Tesco Dietary Specials Frozen Range Is Launched
Tuesday, 16 March 2010
People on a gluten and wheat free diet can now enjoy a range of convenient and tasty frozen foods from Tesco - as Dietary Specials (ds) joins forces with the retailer to launch its first ever range of frozen gluten and wheat free foods.
The new ds frozen range has just launched in Tesco stores across the UK, and includes a variety of options for those days when there isn't enough time to cook from scratch - from pizza, Yorkshire puddings and beef lasagne to steak pie, sausage rolls and shortcrust pastry:
ds beef lasagne
Tasty layers of lasagne sandwiching rich, meaty bolognese and a smooth be´chamel sauce topped with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese - the perfect comfort food after a hard day at work.
RSP: £2.87 360grams
ds thin and crispy margherita pizza
A handcrafted thin and crispy gluten-free and wheat-free pizza base, topped with creamy mozzarella cheese, juicy tomatoes and Italian herbs. The ds margherita pizza is great for sharing at picnics or parties, or enjoyed in front of the TV on a Friday night!
RSP: £2.69 320grams
ds Yorkshire puddings
ds' award winning gluten and wheat free Yorkshire puddings are the perfect accompaniment to a traditional roast, and with eight in a packet, there are enough for the whole family!
RSP: £1.78 124grams
ds steak pie
These tasty gluten and wheat free shortcrust pastry pies are brimming with succulent pieces of steak, in a deliciously rich gravy.
RSP: £2.97 280grams (2 x 140g)
ds sausage rolls
ds' delicious gluten and wheat free flaky pastry sausage rolls are the perfect addition to any lunch box and are just as tasty served hot or cold.
RSP: £1.99 200grams (2 x 100g)
ds shortcrust pastry
The ds gluten and wheat free all purpose shortcrust pastry is great for sweet or savoury baking, and can be used to create a variety of delicious recipes.
RSP: £2.79 400grams (2 x 200g)
Michelle Shinn, Retail Brand Manager at ds, said: "We're thrilled to be helping Tesco to increase its offering to gluten and wheat free customers, by introducing this range of frozen products.
"They provide quick and easy solutions for busy people on the go and feedback from customers is that products in the range are so delicious they are enjoyed by the whole family - not just members who have a gluten or wheat intolerance or allergy!
Notes to editors:
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (ds) is brand leader in the sector
- Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal ds customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
- ds products cater for those with Coeliac Disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
- In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland