Cracking Time Ahead For Easter Half-Term
Wednesday, 06 April 2011
As the Easter half term approaches, SNO!zone Milton Keynes is preparing for a special surprise for its visitors, when the centre holds its first ever Easter party with Percy.
The indoor real snow centre will be inviting kids to party with Percy the Penguin on their real snow slope from 4.30pm on Thursday 21st April.
Children aged three to nine can join Percy the Penguin on the slopes from 4.30pm or 7pm, with a 30 minute sledging session on real snow, followed by party food, music and entertainment, plus a fun Easter egg hunt.
Priced at just £11.95 for children and £6 for adults*, everyone taking part will even get to take home their own egg!
Featuring alongside this is a host of fun activities on and off the slope for children and adults to take part in throughout the Easter break, from Saturday 9th - Tuesday 26th April.
On dry land- kids of all ages can try their hands at getting creative with lots of arts and crafts activities in the SNO!lounge or watch some classic family favourite films in the Kids Corner available each day from 9am- 6pm.
SNO!zone will also be running its SNO!camps every day from Monday to Friday (4th - 22nd April) for kids aged seven to 15 years-old.
Priced from £43, including refreshments, SNO!camps provide a great way to keep children active this Easter break. With experienced, qualified instructors on hand to teach riders of all skill levels, from beginners to advanced, kids can have fun safely.
Sarah Porteus, SNO!zone marketing manager, said: "It can be difficult for families to keep kids entertained throughout the Easter half-term, so we've come up with plenty of exciting things to do on and off the slope at the centre.
"This year we're giving people the chance to have a go at sledging with Percy the Penguin and to take part in our egg-hunt in the snow which is the perfect excuse to get the family off the sofa and have some fun together this half-term!"
As well as these fun activities, families can also get active on the slopes at SNO!zone by taking part in sledging or ice sliding or skiing and snowboarding on the 170m long slope.
For more information visit www.snozoneuk.com or call 0871 222 5670.
*£6 entry fee for adults is for sledging only
- SNO!zone is the UK's only chain of indoor real snow slopes
- SNO!zone took over the operation of the snow slope in Milton Keynes in 2000 and went on to design and build SNO!zone Castleford in 2003 and SNO!zone Scotland in 2006 to keep up with the growing popularity of snowsports in the UK
- In the last 10 years SNO!zone has taught more than a million people to ski or snowboard and seen more than two and a half million people using its slopes to practice snowsports all year round. A further million have experienced the exhilaration of sledging and ice sliding at the three slopes
- Each 170m long main slope is covered with more than 1700 tonnes of fresh snow - equivalent to the weight of 10 blue whales or 30,000 wheelbarrows of snow
- SNO!zone has also featured in some of the UK's most popular TV programmes such as Big Brother, Cash in the Attic, Wife Swap and welcomed celebrities including Justin Timberlake, Peter Andre, Heston Blumenthal, Girls Aloud and Heather Mills
- SNO!zone nurtures some of the best young snowsports talent in the UK by sponsoring more than 60 athletes annually including Olympians Zoe Gillings and Sean Rose
- As well as the main slope, a dedicated lesson slope at each centre allows visitors to learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding with qualified instructors
- Activities on offer at every centre include skiing, snowboarding, sledging and ice sliding
- When not on the slope, visitors can enjoy some après ski at the Alpine themed SNO!bars