DEADLINE FOR CALA HOMES (WEST) £15K COMMUNITY BURSARY SCHEME APPROACHES
Tuesday, 30 May 2017
CALA Homes (West) is urging local charities, community groups and organisations to apply for their share of the CALA Homes’ West of Scotland bursary as the deadline date for applicationsapproaches.
The £15,000 community bursary programme which is running across Glasgow, East Dunbartonshire and Lanarkshire is drawing to an end with the closing date of Friday 9th June coming around quickly.
The luxury homebuilder is inviting organisations to apply for a share of the bursary to help fund a project which makes a vital difference in and around the local community.
A total of £15,000 is available with CALA Homes (West) aiming to use the sum to support as many local worthy causes as possible. For more information or to view and download the application, visit www.cala.co.uk/bursary
Applicants must state the amount they would like to secure and what the money will be used for to be in with a chance of securing funding. All applications should be made by the closing date and will be judged by a panel from CALA Homes (West).
Liana Canavan, sales and marketing director, said: “We are urging all local community groups and charities to apply for a share of this fantastic community initiative as the deadline nears.
“We set up the Community Bursary because we feel that it is important for us to play an active role in our local community and we look forward to welcoming applications from groups both large and small.
“With less than two weeks to go before entries conclude, I’d like to urge local organisations or charities looking to fund anything from new equipment, charitable events, workshops or classes that are beneficial to the local area to get in touch.
“We have already had a number of very strong entries across the three participating regions and we look forward to welcoming more as the closing date draws nearer.”
CALA Homes (West) currently has nine developments across the West of Scotland including The Lawns at Thorntonhall, CALA at Kilmardinny in Bearsden and Nerston View, Nerston in East Kilbride.
For more information visit www.cala.co.uk/bursary or call 01324 600000.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk