Develop Your Sno Skills For Less With Snozones Spring Offers
Monday, 14 February 2011
SNO!zone is set to give people a chance to get on the slopes for less with its Beginner Blowout and Spring Midweek Madness offers.
Between 14th and 17th February, the indoor real snow centre in Castleford will be running its Beginner Blowout, offering new 'SNO!bies' a chance to get a taste of the slopes for less, with new ninety minute Beginner Level One lessons for the price of one hour.
Kids and adults can learn new skills with the beginner level one session in snowboarding or skiing on its real snow slope.
The tuition will introduce visitors to the equipment and the snow slope, and teach skiing essentials including basic stance, movement and speed control, whilst getting tips and advice from SNO!zone's qualified instructors.
Those who are already confident on the slopes will appreciate SNO!zone's Spring Midweek Madness, which allows keen skiers or snowboarders to get on the slopes for less, with a second hour of off-peak slope time costing just £1*.
Families can also enjoy the Spring Midweek Madness, with 45 minute of sledging fun on the slope for £6 per person*, providing a unique way to entertain kids on a budget.
Sarah Porteus, SNO!zone head of marketing, said: "Many enjoyed the snowfall during December and January, but we want people to embrace their enthusiasm for the snow by getting on our real snow slope and trying skiing or snowboarding for themselves.
"We've loaded February and March with stacks of offers to give as many people as possible the chance to give snowsports a go or to brush up on old skills! All visitors will get the chance to learn more about snowsports from our qualified instructors whilst keeping fit.
"We're really looking forward to the month ahead, getting people enthusiastic about the sport, and you never know, maybe we'll spot some natural snowsports talent!"
Beginner Blowout takes place between 14th and 17th February. Lessons start at £25 per hour. SNO!zone's Spring Midweek Madness offers are available throughout February and March. For more information, please visit www.snozoneuk.com or call 0871 222 5671.
*Sledging not available during school holidays
- SNO!zone is the UK's only chain of indoor real snow slopes
- SNO!zone took over the operation of the snow slope in Milton Keynes in 2000 and went on to design and build SNO!zone Castleford in 2003 and SNO!zone Scotland in 2006 to keep up with the growing popularity of snowsports in the UK
- In the last 10 years SNO!zone has taught more than a million people to ski or snowboard and seen more than two and a half million people using its slopes to practice snowsports all year round. A further million have experienced the exhilaration of sledging and ice sliding at the three slopes
- Each 170m long main slope is covered with more than 1700 tonnes of fresh snow - equivalent to the weight of 10 blue whales or 30,000 wheelbarrows of snow
- SNO!zone has also featured in some of the UK's most popular TV programmes such as Big Brother, Cash in the Attic, Wife Swap and welcomed celebrities including Justin Timberlake, Peter Andre, Heston Blumenthal, Girls Aloud and Heather Mills
- SNO!zone nurtures some of the best young snowsports talent in the UK by sponsoring more than 60 athletes annually including Olympians Zoe Gillings and Sean Rose
- As well as the main slope, a dedicated lesson slope at each centre allows visitors to learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding with qualified instructors
- Activities on offer at every centre include skiing, snowboarding, sledging and ice sliding
- When not on the slope, visitors can enjoy some après ski at the Alpine themed SNO!bars