Dietary Specials Increases Frozen Range With Launch New Cornish Slices
Friday, 12 March 2010
Market leading gluten and wheat free brand Dietary Specials (ds) has added a new product to its frozen food range,
The brand new ds Cornish slices, which launch in Asda stores this month, are the latest addition to the brand's market leading frozen range. The slices are available in packs of two, and retail for an RSP of £2.99.
The development of the ds frozen range, which is set to continue in 2010, follows continued growth in sales of gluten and wheat free frozen products. Branded sales in the sector, which are up thirty three percent year on year, demonstrate an increased demand from category consumers for quick and convenient meals and snacks.
Emma Herring, Retail Brand Manager at ds said: "We're thrilled to be able to add another product to our frozen foods range. As market leaders in the sector, we are constantly looking for new and exciting additions to our product offering, to ensure consumers have as great a choice as possible.
"The gluten and wheat free frozen sector is growing at a rapid rate, and retailers are responding quickly to meet this increased demand from consumers. This month also sees Tesco launching a frozen Free From category in store for the first time, with six key ds favourites in the range , and we're confident this sector growth will continue."
ds Cornish slices are frozen and available to buy at Asda stores across the UK with a recommended selling price of £2.99 for a pack of two slices.
For more information about the ds range of gluten and wheat free products visit http://www.dietaryspecials.co.uk/
Notes to editors:
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (ds) is brand leader in the sector
- Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal ds customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
- ds products cater for those with Coeliac Disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
- In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland